“Absolutely Delicious BBQ and comfort sides”

Dem 2 Brothers and a Grill
Ranked #5 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 March 2017

After moving to Charleston, Dem 2 Brothers was one of the most recommended eateries to try. In fact, so many people had recommended it I started to become wary that my expectations would grow to a level that Dem 2 Brothers could never live up to. I could not have been more wrong. This meal is still my favorite without a close second since moving here. Like a kid in a candy shop, I couldn't resist getting the three meat combo with collard greens and beans. I also chose the hot bbq option. The ribs were amazingly seasoned and fall of the bone tender. The brisket was punch your grandmother good. Finally the sausage completed the Holy Trinity. With the spice being the kind that makes you go wow, but there is no way you can put the food down, it is a great level of heat. The baked beans were on par, but those are hard to mess up. Collard greens are usually the side that can make or break the meal because of their temperament in preparation. However, the 2 brothers knew exactly what they were doing. These greens capped the meal and were spicy themselves. Loved every bite of this meal and can't wait to go back once I sleep off the food coma.

There are newer reviews for Dem 2 Brothers and a Grill

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I went to Dem 2 Brothers recently while in area for business. We had large group of 15 and they took great care of us. The menu has good variety of BBQ and sides. I had the ribs and sausage. Ribs were excellent. Sausage was more like sandwich vs. smoked sausage. My sides were green beans and baked beans. There were other sides like collard greens and sweet potato casserole. Pitchers of beer were only $5 during happy hour which was great. Service was fun and attentive. Did not take long to get the food. For laid back atmosphere and great BBQ - Dem 2 is the place.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Alright hungry highway travelers, if you're like me, when you're cruising unfamiliar highway all day long, in a part of the country where some folks talk with a draw, you probably start have a hanker'en for some good brisket. This place delivers. It's not 5 star, but it beats Dickies. They don't have fries on the menu, which is odd, because they have them and they were special. I appreciate when someone puts a good plate (or basket) of non Sysco French fries in front of me. I had the brisket, on a Mon afternoon no less, and it was fresh and legit. Service is weird... Kind of quiet, but once you crack the old girl she was as sweet as pie. Very convenient to the Interstates (can't remember which, but there were two exits a block or two from this place) they could use a little background music at lunch, and if you like shrines worshiping old pro athletes you never heard of from the 80's, this is your spot. Charming.

2  Thank DonWasnt
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for a quick lunch, it was delicious!! My husband said it was the best potato salad he has ever had. Everything was excellent and very fast to get served. Will definitely stop again next time we are in charleston!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

My mom, pops, and myself were driving home from Indiana and had to stop after ten hours to sleep before waking up and doing the same the next day. We had tried stopping at a few BBQ joints randomly throughout the trip, but to no avail. Places were either closed for the day, or we just couldn't seem to find them. This is what's known as "divine intervention". We finally made it to our hotel, and we were STARVING. We asked the reception if there was any good BBQ joints in the area, and a random person walking by in the lobby and said with the most serious face I've ever seen "Dem 2 Brothers and a Grill. No one does BBQ like Dem 2 Brothers do BBQ". And with that, we were off. We walked in and some of the staff were sitting at a table in front of us, enjoying the Clemson football game. They were extremely friendly, jovial, and just genuinely nice people. After being in a car for ten hours, we were STARVING. My mom and I ordered the pulled pork sandwiches but got different sides, and pops got the pulled pork and rib platter. Words can't describe the beauty of this food. Aesthetically, it was more beautiful than the first time I saw my nephew and niece brought into this world. Aromatically, if it was possible to take the fragrance and bottle it as a perfume or cologne, you would be the most desirable person on earth. As far as the flavor is concerned... I keep blacking out when I try to write a description because as soon as I remember that flavor, I reach eternal bliss and lack the vocabulary to describe it. The staff were so friendly and so happy to see how much we were enjoying our meals. I asked if I could try the hot sauce... quick prelude, black pepper is spicy to me, but their BBQ sauce was so good, I had to give it a try. Heavens to Murgatroyd! I simply dipped the corner of my fork in and tasted the smallest amount, less than a drops worth, and after ten seconds I said "Man, this is hot". After the eleventh second, I began profusely sweating, coughing, hyperventilating, and crying. The staff that had warned me of the hotness were laughing so hard and my parents pulled out their phones and started taking pictures and videos to send them to all of their friends because they thought it was so funny. I literally had to run outside to cool off because I felt like I was on fire. After two beers, I was finally able to speak, and we sat and joked with the staff for maybe an hour afterwards. The next day before we began the second leg of our journey home, my mom asked us what we were going to do for breakfast, and I jokingly responded "Lets go back to Dem 2 Brothers" and both mom and pops, without missing a beat, said "Yep, that's what we're doing". We returned and it was just as good if not better than it was the night before. This time we had the great pleasure of meeting Adrian Wright, the owner and one of Dem 2 Brothers. He was SUCH a nice and friendly character. He ended up giving us a tour and showed us his grills that he takes with him for grilling competitions and how he cooks his heavenly BBQ (although he wouldn't share his secret recipe). This was honestly the best food and experience I have ever had anywhere. Adrian, my family and I thank you for the hospitality and the best damn BBQ we've ever had, and we promise we will be back to your wonderful establishment the next time our travels bring us to Charleston!

1  Thank Wutbucketwah