“Great Motel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Midlothian, Virginia
“Great Motel”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I found this motel thru my UAL partner site. Room, staff, etc was excellent. Found out it was an older motel that had been renovated but it felt and looked NEW to me!

Room Tip: 1st night I was on 2nd floor near fighway and return trip on 1st floor near highway. Didn't hear...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I arrived without a reservation and the staff was more than happy to accomodate me. Big rooms, very clean, nice and quiet for a peaceful sleep and a very yummy free breakfast in the morning! Who could ask for more???

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
ComfortInnWV, Owner at Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again when you are in the area

Greg Hicks
President
Princeton, Indiana
Reviewed 7 August 2011

After trying to find a hotel one evening as we were traveling to DC, and finding one after another booked to capacity, we were thrilled to even get a room at the Comfort Inn West after a long day of travel. Check in was easy and the clerk was pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable - two "musts" for us. My husband commented that the room was nicer than much more expensive ones we've stayed in. A comfortable chair, two chairs with a table, small fridge and microwave, comfortable beds, etc.... The breakfast offerings the next morning were good - scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, yogurt, etc... We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel Fan 2
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2011

After a long haul all day from Northern Illinois en route to North Carolina, we decided to pull off the Highway and get a room at the Comfort Inn after seeing an Indoor pool advertisement on a road side billboard. As I went to check us in the clerk asked if I had any sort of discount to apply to the room rate AAA, military, etc. When I responded no, she gave us a 10% discount for no reason at all. This was very welcoming to me. The room was very clean and roomy. The Wi-Fi was quick. The pool area was breathtaking for a roadside hotel, with plants, a jacuzzi, and even a Sauna. In the morning, I was very impressed with the hot breakfast buffet as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area, and also plan to return on my next trip!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ferdusing
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn Many, many times over the last 6 years. The Tri State Racing track is right down the street with Casino Gambling. Love the Breakfast that is Free at the Comfort Inn!! We try to meet friends once a year from NC, Oh, and KY at this Comfort Inn.. Each renting a room and each just as nice as the other ones.. Roomy, clean, and comfortable. The computers in the front of the motel are used each time we go and enough so there is never a line to use... We are planning on another stay at the end of the month...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This is a "just off the interstate" hotel located midpoint on the homeward leg of our Carolina vacation. It was the second time we've stayed here and my remarks are mostly the same as my review from last year.

The hotel is pet-friendly in an area with surprisingly few pet-friendly options. This motel is pricier that other "just off the interstate" motels, but this property does have several amenities those other properties lack, namely a nice indoor pool. We planned for an early check in on this trip so that we could relax around the pool. Unfortunately, 200 other guests had the exact same plan.

The motel staff at check in and check out were friendly. My wait to check in took excessively long, though that wasn't the fault of the clerk. It was sooo long, and caused by circumstances that actually made the ordeal downright funny in retrospect. The poor clerk had to first check in a group of seniors. They fussed over everything, the room rate, having to use stairs to get to their rooms, how they were going to pay. Then, after being checked in, one woman changed her mind about wanting to stay there and so the whole group decided to go someplace else, thus necessitating refunds for all of their rooms. And the next person in line was a Chinese gentlemen with a limited command of English. And, naturally, motel clerks in West Virginia typically don't have any better command of Mandarin. It was the sort of situation Groucho Marx could have made into a movie classic.

The motel is within a short driving distance of a lot of businesses and restaurants (mostly fast food), but nothing that you could easily walk to. We skipped the comp breakfast buffet because it was too crowded.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigTool
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 1 September 2010

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this particular motel no fewer than 20 times. My first time was when our daughter was a month old. We love that everyone knows her name and has been able to watch her grow. She is nowc 20 months old and I cannot wait for our next trip! The rates are a little pricey, but I have never had a problem with anything else and I know great service, because I have worked in the hospitality industry for 20 yrs! So it surprises me to read such negative reviews on the comfort Inn at Cross Lanes, WV.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
11.2 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
23.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South

Been to Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston? Share your experiences!