“Excellent surprise!”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Cross Lanes
Reviewed September 4, 2016

What a pleasant surprise, on a trip to visit family in WV, to find a restaurant in a strip mall with such good food and excellent service! First, understand that are 2 separate atmospheres within this restaurant. The communal tables with showmen hibachi chefs are on the far side of the facility and behind a wall. We dined in the quiet area with tables and booths for indivualized table service. Our waitress was pleasant and efficient. From the extensive menu, our party of 4 ordered: 1) a light meal of miso soup, an avocado roll & a California roll; 2) the Siracha combo of 3 different rolls; 3) the hibachi chicken/scallop meal; and 4) a bountiful shrimp teriyaki bento box. Meals 2,3, & 4 included soup & salad. All of our food was freshly prepared to order, and the presentation of each was delightful. We were all very pleased with our selections and will definitely return to Sakura!

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Great food, good service, I have not tried the habachi side but have eaten their sushi numerous times and it has always been great.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

Took my family because they want to "see the show" Been to many restaurants of this style. Food was what you would expect but the chef was rather dull in his presentation.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

OK. So, I reviewed this restaurant in Feb 2016 and we returned today hoping their food quality had improved. We were sadly disappointed. I ordered fillet ($22.00), and it was terrible. I asked the server if what had been prepared for us was actually fillet.........she took my plate to chef, and he confirmed it was steak fillet. I'm attaching the photo to show how much of the fillet was inedible.............I was charged full price, and they did not make any apology. Sad. We will never return. This was an awful experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

Very yummy food and a great atmosphere! Staff is always super friendly too! We go here all the time, tons of choices for everyone!