Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
A lovely resort!

NJW646
Medina, Ohio
Wonderful

Don B
Falling Waters, West Virginia, United States

All reviews dining room golf course canaan valley ski area state park enjoyed our stay ski lift dining facilities room was clean ski season senior rate a great place to stay ice skating year round west virginia conference center lovely facility
Reviewed yesterday

This is not a review of the park itself but the timing of closing for the season. I expected to play a round today (the temperature was in the mid 40s) but when I arrived at the clubhouse there was a sign on the door stating that the course is closed for the season. And that was after I had visited their website and did not see any mention of this. After I returned to my condo I checked the website again and did find that the last day for the late season rate was Nov 4th. This was after a lot of digging. You would think that they could have displayed the closing date on the first page you visit for information on the course.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at this resort many times, but this was our first stay since it was remodeled - what a difference! The rooms are large and spacious and the beds are very comfortable. We hiked here on a cool day, so we really enjoyed the indoor hot tub and pool area. The food in the dining room was very good, and the breakfast buffet had lots of delicious choices. There is also an outdoor pool for use during the summer. There are plenty of hiking trails right from the resort. I highly recommend staying here, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is beautiful and a great place to stay. The countryside is breathtaking to see. A must stop along our way.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Canaan Valley was completed rebuilt not long ago. It is beautiful! Our room had a balcony and overlooked the valley. The beds were very comfortable. The main building has a cafe, a gift shop and a lounge and dining room. It also has other facilities. From our balcony, we could watch the many deer that are found on the grounds. It is a great place whatever the season.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in the Governors suite which has a lovely gas fireplace, three balconies, two televisions. two bathrooms, bathrobes, comfortable bed. What a wonderful room with a nice view. What more could you want. Only one bad experience with the restaurant recommendation..........

We were celebrating a week for our anniversary at the Canaan Valley Resort and got a recommendation for Sirianni's restaurant at the Davis location. We decided to try it out for our anniversary dinner on Monday October 29th just before 5:00. We walked in and there was one large party seated at two tables. We asked if we could sit at a table that seats four instead of two seats since those tables were very small and they were not busy. Instead, the waitress said "no" they were only for four people and stuck us in a dark corner near the kitchen that we could barely get into. So we moved to the next table that had a lamp on it so we could read the menu. That pissed off the waitress and when she brought our water she slammed the drinks on the table and walked away. When she came back to take our order we wanted to try two pizzas (I don't know how they were going to fit on a tiny table) Then I asked for a glass of merlot. She asked me for my identification with an arrogant attitude, I said no, I am 60 years old. She replied "if you don't like it you can leave" so we did. Perhaps they need to put more lights on so they can better judge the age of their customers and send their waitress to charm school. Not to mention a dog roaming around in the kitchen licking the floor. Can’t imagine how many times dog hair gets into people’s food. Since this restaurant was recommended to us by the Canaan Valley Resort we told the hotel manager that is the last place they should recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We always love visiting the resort and soaking in the beauty and enjoying watching all of the deer roaming the property. This time was no different and we had the added bonus of seeing a white and brown dappled baby buck which was one of the cutest things ever!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a lot of problems trying to book a reservation as I did not get a call back as promised.I was persistent and finally got lindsay who made things very easy.Check in was a breeze and the room was perfect.Very clean and roomy with a beautiful balcony view and a bathtub which is getting harder and harder to find when traveling.We lucked out to be there during a quiet time until the tour buses arrived.We tried the dining room buffet and was sent to various tables before being seated due to reserved tables.These stayed empty the duration of our meal.I feel that all guests are important and saving tables was rude to say the least.Food was ordinary and pricey.We drove to the chair lft and missed the closing date by 1 day.We were told it was closed and then found out that a tour bus was going up while we were there.Again ALL guests are equal in my opinion and money is money.Very rude to not let us ride too.Glad we got to see this resort but probably will not be back.

1  Thank Jeanie S
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I've stayed here a couple of times for business and its HIGHLY overpriced. I compare it to a Motel 6. My most recent stay was absurd as the room was not vacuumed and the beds linens were thrown together. Several items (coffee maker, ice bucket) were filthy,. there was old food spillage down the side of the microwave. I could not get another room that evening but was moved to a cleaner one the following afternoon. Staff needs oversight, training and also probably to be paid decently.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I spend 3 days in one of the cottages good for 14 people. It was a great experience. My family loved the chair lift, horse back riding and nature walks and it was a great overall experience with a wonderful location of this resort. Will be returning for longer next time for sure.

2  Thank Kamal B
Reviewed July 10, 2018

The resort looks like it was recently updated - rooms very clean and most spaces very nice. The indoor pool is a bit small but the outdoor pool is more than adequate. While everyone was very friendly, they did not always seems to have visited any places in the surrounding area so they couldn't help with recommendations. The golf course is long though everything is fairly straight.

1  Thank Lois W