“The staff was OUTSTANDING!”
Review of Steer Steakhouse

Steer Steakhouse
Ranked #16 of 44 Restaurants in Elkins
Cuisines: American
Description: In 1904 the new Randolph County Courthouse – designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style – was completed in Elkins. As the railroad (merged into the Western Maryland Railway in 1905) expanded, Elkins experienced the luxury of passenger train service. In 1930, 18 passenger trains were arriving and leaving Elkins daily. Although all passenger service was discontinued in 1958 the picturesque landscapes remain to this day. While you are enjoying the beautiful area stop in at Steer Steakhouse for the best steaks Elkin has to offer.
Reviewed October 10, 2020

The minute we walked in the door we were treated like royalty. Due to COVID restrictions the manager was very careful to explain how the buffet needed to operate. A waitress would be gathering all of our selections for us. We ended up sharing a huge sirloin off the menu and our server was very attentive to provide extra plating and splitting of the WONDERFUL baked sweet potato. Attentive but not bothersome service during our dinner made the evening just what we had hoped. Homemade cake dessert with a dollop of vanilla topped off the evening. On the way out we chatted with the chef and thanked him for his excellence. All this for under $25 which over fed two adults with prime sirloin beef prepared just the way we ordered it. WOW!

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (86)

Reviewed October 6, 2020 via mobile

Buffet was open!
All COVID-19 health regulations were strictly adhered to.

Food was served by a very attentive and helpful staff. Drinks were refilled promptly.
Food was very good.
A very pleasant dining experience.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed August 1, 2020 via mobile

Food was fresh and delicious. The staff was very nice and helpful. I was very impressed with the service and the food. I will go back again.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed July 11, 2020

I live in Williamsburg, VA and visit family in Grafton two or three times a year. For over ten years now I try to arrange it so that I can eat here during my commute in or out. The dining room and facilities are always clean and the staff are always friendly. The best thing is the food: There is always a large variety of meats, vegetables, fruits, salads and desserts and it is always good. The only suggestion I could make is that they may be due for a few renovations.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed November 2, 2019 via mobile

I looked forward to going here all day and saved room to eat. I was so hungry I devoured the buffet which was delicious. Then my T-bone steak came. Uh oh. They also had the brightest tomatoes I have for this time of year. I coupled them up with the nicest cucumbers I have seen and they were fantastic. I was left with room for two bites of steak. My loss because the steak was delicious.

Date of visit: November 2019