“Looks nice but poorly maintained” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falling Waters
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Looks nice but poorly maintained”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

We made an overnight stop, needing a place that would accept pets. We have stayed at many HI express hotels and thought it would be a good choice. The hotel appears fairly new, but minor maintenance issues were bothersome. The bathroom sink would not drain and the shower rod wal literally falling off the wall. I was hoping it would make it through my shower. When I grabbed a Towel off the rack, it was covered in yellow stains ! The desk person said it was their detergent and they had been having problems. Do they use yellow detergent ? Their staff should notice when they are folding up stained towels! Typical breakfast But malfunctioning warmer had cold eggs and sausage gravy. I stuck to bran flakes.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We did not stay at this hotel but I had to insert a date to write a review.

When I made the initial Holiday Inn online reservation for this hotel, there was a computer error, which was later acknowledged, and one request ended up being six different reservations. I did not realize this until I checked my account to cancel which I thought was one reservation. I cancelled all the reservations, but the hotel apparently received one four. When I received my credit card bill, there were two separate charges on my statement for the same night. I phoned the Falling Waters, WV Holiday Inn Express about the charges. The lady with whom I spoke could not have been nicer. She reviewed the charges and indicated they should not have been posted. Having no authority to do otherwise, she indicated she would take it up with the manager. Later, I called to follow up and she informed me that the manager said I would need to go through Holiday Inn (corporate) as the reservations were made online. As requested, I called Holiday Inn (corporate) who acknowledged the computer error and said they would call the Falling Waters Holiday Inn Express to see if they would credit my account or if they (Holiday Inn) would have to send me a refund check. Subsequent thereto, I received a called from Holiday Inn (corporate) informing me that they would need to send me a check. They did not elaborate but I assume that Falling Waters Holiday Inn Express would not cooperate. Therefore, I must wait, at least, from eight to ten days to receive a check in excess of $200 from Holiday Inn so I can pay the charges on my credit card. Meanwhile, I have disputed the charge with my credit card bank. All of these unnecessary calls, to say nothing of the time involved, could have been eliminated simply by Falling Waters Holiday Inn Express crediting my account with the erroneous charges. If you cancel a reservation at this property, please make sure you keep a copy of the cancellation confirmation and check your credit card statement carefully.

Otherwise, I know nothing about the property as we did not stay there.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hialeah Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

This place was not the prettiest picture on the wall, but was quite down to earth and humble...l was booked there because to my surprise the Holiday Inn was booked. When l arrived l was a little taken back by the "country laid back" attitude the front desk had, l swear l had stepped into hootersville, None the less the place grew on me and let me tell you, they have the best FREE breakfast!!!...l mean a real breakfast all you can eat...eggs, pancakes, bacon, biscuts, breads...l can go on!. l would always arrive to our business meetings well fed, my co-workers were booked at the Holiday Inn and all they got was coffee.
This place is quiet and off the main roads, so there's no street noise...if you need a quiet and clean atmosphere stay there and take your appetite in the morning you'll be well fed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Great place, clean and convenient to highway. Breakfast was world class with eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and SOS and also waffles, etc.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I wanted to say we enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express Martinsburg North. My grandson and I stayed for 5 night during the Jr. League Baseball Tournaments. The beds were very comfortable and the pillow selection was the best I have ever had, I usually bring my own pillow and I didn't have to take mine out of the car. Their breakfasts were very filling and good. The hotel staff was polite and helpful. I would stay there again and I do recommend it to anyone. The pool was nice but their were lots of been in and around the fence. I felt safe and enjoyed having the internet connection without problems. Oh one more thing the house staff was very nice and kept us in fresh towels each day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Md USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Last thing I did before leaving was to place the privacy please door hanger on the inside. My travel companion also witnessed this. When we returned that night we thought it odd that the Privacy Please hanger was on the door knob outside. Of course when we entered the room had not been cleaned. The excuse I am sure was that the Privacy Please hanger was on. Never had this happen before of the numerous hotels we have stayed. I was just too exhausted to fuss that night. We were leaving next morning. Just asked for some towels and washcloths and told the person who answered the phone what happened. He did not even say "I am sorry" whether he believed me or not. I am not accusing anyone. I know what I did. Can't say what happened. This one thing I know for sure will not return to this HI express.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lake Wales, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

My brother & I stayed here while visiting Antietam civil war battlefield just across the state line in MD, as there is NOTHING in , butharpsburg. The hotel is new and calls itself HI Express Martinsburg....it's 7 miles north of Martingsburg out in the middle of nowhere. There's a walmart, burger king & mcdonalds...that's about it. Restaurants and shopping are in Martinsburg or north 10 miles in Hagerstown, MD. The hotel is new but there were some "dislikes": the bed was comfortable enough, but the in room frige was not cold and the temp button was broken. The tv had an annoying rattling sound when it was on. If you like a hot breakfast, "this ain't the place." The fake egg pattys, sausage, biscuit & gravy was barely warm, but it's free, I settled for a egg mcmuffin. There is in room wif-fi but if you don't have a loptop, there is a single computer in the lobby...not so much internet access. For an extra $10 a night, I would stay in Martinsburg. Bottom line, good enough hotel but "not so much" on location and amenities.

• Stayed April 2011
Holiday Inn Martinsburg
#5 of 14 in Martinsburg
28.9 km away
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
12.3 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
15.9 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North? Share your experiences!