All reviews dairy queen gift shop room was clean would stay here again rafting trip bar grill free breakfast pies pints nice pool visitor center basic hotel picnic tables corn hole yogurt a wonderful stay water pressure night's sleep
Reviewed October 21, 2016

Very close to the New River Gorge Bridge. Walking distance to restaurant, and other services. Older motel, updated bathrooms, but general tired looking. Room was clean, but the last guest left an old T shirt on the floor, which housekeeping missed. Lower floor is non-smoking, but footsteps from upstairs neighbor were loud. Charming restaurant on site with good food, cold beers and great service really saved the day. I did not expect luxury at this price, and I was right. Staff tried very hard to please. It was fine for a one night stop over.

Room Tip: If you like wings, you have to try the restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2016

Thanks for staying with us. We will address the housekeeping issue. Not excusable.
We are in the beginning stages of a complete renovation with new room furnishings painting bath fixtures the works ! That should help a lot. Thanks for noticing our efforts to please our guests we take pride in being fast and friendly. Hope to see you next time !

Reviewed October 17, 2016

This was a wonderful stay for the price. The bed was so very comfortable. The continental breakfast was delicious. The manager, Diane, was very kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying and, given the opportunity, so will I!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Thanks for staying with us ! We appreciate your comments . we begin renovations shortly hope to see you soon !

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here this weekend for Bridge Days. They provided a package deal that included passes for Friday nights Taste of the Bridge with $30 worth of tickets, Passes for under the Bridge on Saturday. Free Bus Shuttle back and forth. Free dinner on Saturday night. 2 Bridge Day Tshirts and also had discounted tickets for other concerts and events. Add that to the complimentary breakfast each morning and we wouldnt have had to pay for anything over the weekend if we didnt buy souvenirs to take home for the grandkids. The breakfast has everything from sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels and more. There is a bar on premises. Also a gas station, liquor store and a Dairy Queen right beside them in walking distance. Its about a mile from the bridge and close to everything you need. Rooms were clean and had coffee pot and iron and ironing board and a blow dryer. The staff was very friendly and Denise the manager was the best and went out of her way to make our first bridge day go smoothly. She had all the best info and suggestions. We made our reservations to come back next year. Thanks Denise!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us ! Glad you enjoyed the bridge day package. We're always looking for ways to improve it. The weather this year was absolutely fabulous . The kind comments are certainly appreciated. Denise works hard on the packages and I'm glad to have her. Thanks see you next year !

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Was very clean and dog friendly!
Staff were very helpful and pleasant!
Had a Great meal !!!!!
Whole heartedly recommended by me and my family!!!!!!
Priced very reasonable !!!!
Fayetteville has beautiful scenery! !!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your business as well as the kind remarks. We're starting our renovations hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

The king bed room that I reserved faced Highway 19 and was exceptionally loud when I arrived. The front desk attendant changed my room to the other side of the building that was much more quiet, but was with 2 double beds. There were no more king bed rooms. The rate should have been adjusted down from $ 109 to $ 99 per night but wasn't.
The air conditioner did not function well and the building & room were old.
The free breakfast was OK but nothing exceptional.
The bar/pub was good with friendly service, great TVs, and decent food.
The front desk staff in the morning had only worked there 3 weeks and again would not adjust my room rate. There was also a $ 1.50 per day charge for a room safe that I neither wanted nor asked for, nor approved. Again, this was not subtracted.
In addition, I learned from hearing conversations that folks paid a lot less per night, anywhere from a rate of $ 74 to $ 80 per night.
Needless to say, I will never return here and would not recommend this place to my friends or enemies.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Thanks for staying with us. Looks like we failed in a number of ways. Our front desk associate while new and inexperienced should have made me aware of your circumstances I apologize for that. We will work with her on that. I am checking on your air conditioner today so we can have that corrected. The comments about rates is concerning and hard to explain as there are so many 3rd party vendors that have different rate plans that we can't really control. I can tell you that no rates of that type were done at the hotel level unless it was a group rate of 15 rooms or more. We are in the process of a full scale renovation hopefully completed in 2017 which should help . We are adding more king rooms as the demand is higher than it used to be. I emailed a new copy of your folio to you . Please note that I have attempted to correct the rate issues and adjusted your bill. I hope possibly we can earn your business in the future so we can possibly give a more favorable impression.