All reviews dairy queen gift shop room was clean would stay here again rafting trip bar grill free breakfast pies pints nice pool visitor center basic hotel picnic tables corn hole yogurt a wonderful stay water pressure night's sleep
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

Not sure how this was rated 4stars. Very old complex. Old room with old bed covering. Nice people working there. No hot water in shower. Cobwebs in room too. I don't recommend this place. It is close to things.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean S
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Thanks for staying with us , I apologize if things were in disarray . We wish we have had an opportunity to correct things had you notified us during your stay. We are an older establishment but we work hard to make our guests happy and we are presently in a full scale remodel set to be completed in spring 2018.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

This hotel is in a great location to a great many local attractions!! The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed and room were very cozy and comfortable. And it was very quiet in my room.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thanks for staying with us ! We thank you for your kind comments. We are working hard to keep our guests happy we are in the process of a complete remodel and things get a little in disarray. We hope to finish this project by the spring of 2018 ! Hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Gentleman at check in was friendly and gave me a welcome bag with waters and candy for being a member. We got a new room with new carpet and sink. Room and bedroom were clean. Breakfast area was clean and breakfast was good with eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits, etc. The exterior is not pleasing to the eye, it's reminiscent of a motor lodge from the 1960's; however the room was clean and neat.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We are working towards are renovations to the exterior. We have plenty of painting and other projects to complete but we will wait till a slower time of year to do so. I would hate to have guests with paint on them ! Our room renovations are only partially complete as we will also be replacing all the furniture/room furnishings in the spring ! Hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed July 5, 2017

We were hear 4th of July weekend so it was probably more crowded than usual. The pool was still accessible (its an outdoor one) but breakfast was REALLY cramped. They ran out of seating but that happens at almost every hotel we go to.
The great thing about this motel is that it was close to everything we wanted to do. We also could walk to Dairy Queen next door with our kids (when travelling, no one wants to get back into the car!) We also needed some Tylenol and water bottles and just walked to the Sunoco to grab it. So the convenience factor is really high here.
We had two rooms because we have four kids. My husband said his shower wouldn't get hot (which was difficult after swimming) and it did seem that both our shower curtains were too short. You'd think they wouldn't want floor saturated but it was impossible with those short curtains!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Thanks for staying with us ! We are working on updates as we speak. The shower curtain issue you noticed was a result of new showers installed and the installer placed the rods above the porcelain shower walls and we have to correct that.(they don't make longer shower curtains) The hot water issue in the shower is an adjustment that also wasn't made during it's installation. These showers were only installed within the last few weeks and we are trying to get these corrected as quickly as possible. We hope to have carpet installed in the coming weeks and a complete replacement of the room furnishings in the spring 2018. The breakfast area does get busy and we have some tables outside but it seems most guests come at the same time (typical for most hotels)
Thanks for your comments and we apologize but we are working to be better !

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

My son and I stayed at this place for one night, I cancelled the rest of our reservation. Our bed sheets had dog fur on them, they gave keys to our room to someone else and they walked in while we were there. Most of the lamps didn't work, the phone didn't work so I could call the front desk. Then to top it all off I was sitting on the bed and a huge bug was crawling on me.
They definitely have some issues. Courtney at the front desk was very apologetic and helpful. There suppose to give me a full refund.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

I apologize for the problems you encountered. We are in the process of remodeling and it appears we were definitely unorganized when we put your room back together , We got in a hurry and didn't check our work. The carpet in your room was installed that morning and when they put the room items back together they didn't plug up lamps or phone. I don't know why dog hair would be on the linens but I'll find out. The insect in your picture you posted is a flying insect which you see around at night around the lights. We did issue you a full refund and I am working with our staff to make sure we double check our work.
Again please accept our apologies . We will be definitely be double checking things as we move forward.