All reviews dairy queen gift shop room was clean would stay here again rafting trip bar grill free breakfast pies pints nice pool visitor center basic hotel picnic tables corn hole yogurt a wonderful stay water pressure night's sleep
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

This locations is a Ma/Pa set up. (No elevator) Older, but clean!! Comfortable room with 2 beds, fridge and micro. Updated looking bathroom with a shower (no tub). A lot of parking. Guest laundry was appreciated, $3.50 each (on the higher end as compared to other locations). Restaurant on-site with great reviews, but we did not partake. We have too many food allergies. Wi-Fi worked well. TV worked fine and they had a fair amount of channels. Linens/bedding was clean. Pillows a little small, but with 3 on each bed, doable. Plenty of towels, clean, not too thin.

Office staff was friendly, housekeeping never said a word or even smiled if you passed by.....The maintenance guy, wow, super great guy!

Close to sight-seeing, shopping, food, gas, pharmacy.... Plenty to do and see!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. It was comfortable and CLEAN!! We'd recommend this location and would stay again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ftblchic76
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Thanks for staying with us ! We appreciate your kind comments The guest laundry pricing is a little concerning to us as well. We use a third party vendor and I expect we will buy our own shortly. They initiated a price increase last month and we too think it's a bit high. We are moving ahead with remodeling and hope to have all room furnishings replaced by this coming summer. Come back and see us !

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Very nice staff met us upon checking in. FIrst Choice hotel to give us a little gift and had my name on their board...personal greeting, so to speak. They accomodated us when we asked for a first floor room since no elevators. The breakfast was held in the cafe on sight and it was nice. Not real fancy but very friendly, again, people working there. It is a good value for the money. Our room was on the highway side but not that noisy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your kind remarks. We strive to be friendly and helpful and our staff does a good job with that. Breakfast comments are very positive as well. Hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed September 10, 2017

We stayed here one night end of August. The rooms are those of a motor inn and accessed from the outdoors. The rooms are clean but small. There appeared to be a lot of vans and motorcycles parked for the night. That said, we did not notice any loud noise and the property, although located in the town seemed peaceful. There is a lovely outdoor pool we did not get the chance to use . The motel is located up on a hill so you can see the surrounding mountainside. I really liked the breakfast room located in the gift shop. It was quaint and homey and had everything we needed. I felt the staff was warm and welcoming and we received a care package of bottle water and candy on check-in. I would recommend this venue as a place to stay when traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your kind remarks and glad you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on friendly service glad you noticed ! Hope to see you again !

Reviewed September 7, 2017

There was dog food all over the floor and dog hair on everything. I'm not against a pet friendly establishment but they should thoroughly clean the room between guests. When I told the lady at the counter she just gave me a blank stare and said their rooms ARE cleaned between guests. Okayyyyy??? The room smelled musty so we propped the door open, then we had bugs flying around everywhere... windows do not open. The charge higher rates than nicer hotels because they are "close to everything." The only thing they are close to is the bridge. If you are doing activities like climbing, rafting or ziplining... you have to drive out anyway. My advice is get a nicer place a few miles away for lower rates! We left there and went to ACE Adventures for 1/2 the price! Beautiful!

Room Tip: Ask in advance if its a pet friendly room... that is if you DO NOT have a pet... got one without knowledge.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

In this particular case I will let our reputation stand for us. Sometimes we have to make decisions on guest behavior that aren't popular for the individuals involved. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to ACE. NIce people.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Beware! If you are looking for a peaceful night of sleep, this is not the place to stay. We spent two sleepless nights there and the loud partying continued straight through the night. Right outside our door! Staff was well aware and did nothing.

My best advice to my fellow travelers is bypassing this redneck heaven. There's bound to be better on down the road.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
richard m, Owner at Quality Inn New River, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Thanks for staying with us . I was unaware of any parties etc going on at our Inn. We don't allow that type behavior as I will explore your comments further . Let me apologize for the inconvenience and assure you this is not the norm.