“NOT Number 1”

Red Roof Inn Huntington
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed 6 November 2011

HUGE sign at the entrance that says they are trip advisor #1, not really. If you can get beyond the the smell of stale smoke it's ok. Front desk lady was a bit less than pleasant. The old tube tv's were a bit much. The rooms were clean however the building is dirty and dated. For less $ I would recommend, not for what I paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim60142
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for your response. I'm very sorry you did not have a great experience. After more than 2 years at number one, we did fall to number two in the ratings. We use the banner to help direct people to the inn and wanted to make sure we didn't go back to number one before we took it down, since the new number one still has 40 less reviews than we do. I will most definitely address your issues that you had during your stay with my staff. They love to get feedback and will certainly improve in the areas you mentioned. Thanks again for yor review.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

We checked tripadvisor which said this was #2 on the list. The banner out front proclaims #1 on tripadvisor. I was seriously shocked at how basic! The people are friendly, the rooms clean...In order to have a coffeemaker or anything else you need to pay additional money.(No hairdryer,conditioner, hand cream,coffee or even a closet in the room). The BEST part of the room was the GREATEST shower pressure I have ever exerienced!!! I would stay again, but felt deceived by the #2 rating...you do get what you pay for!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank cheryl o

I'm sorry if you felt deceived by the trip advisor rating. Trip Advisor rates based on experience, not ammenities offered. We offer a clean comfortable room with friendly customer service. We are an economy hotel without a lot of ammenities to keep costs down. I'm glad you did notice our cleanliness, service and water pressure. My staff does work very hard to provide a great experience for every guest. Thank you for your response.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

As budget motels go, this Red Roof Inn is really pretty decent. Room was clean and looked recently remodeled with fresh paint, new carpet and curtains. The bed was a little mushy, but overall comfortable. Couldn't beat the price! Though the scratchy towels do remind you of your savings...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2007Traveler
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank you for your response. I agree that we represent a very good value for lodging accomodations. I wanted to also mention that we will be getting more new mattresses over the
next year. Thank you again for your business.

Jon Campbell

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Overall, this Red Roof Inn is very good, indeed. This Red Roof Inn is what Holiday Inns used to be when I was growning up. No frills, just a clean room for the night.

It's in an excellent location for jumping off to downtown Huntington, or zipping off to the state capitol on business. Finding the road to get into the property, is another matter. I cut through the Days Inn parking lot on my arrival there, simply because the road isn't marked well at all. I think in an answer to a previous commenter, management said the reason was because of a local zoning ordnance. Not exactly the way to encourage business or tourism travel, guys!

Check-in was straightforward, no hassles. This is an older property with outside doors, and what looked like a sizable contingent of contractors or construction workers were staying there during my visit as well. I was in a king room with refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. The rug had one dirty spot, but as it looked like management tried to clean it and failed, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Other than that, the room was well kept-up, and the bathroom was spotless. $1.50 per night is charged for a room safe, but it's refunded if you don't use it.

No breakfast comes with the room, but wi-fi was available. This property is a throwback to simpler days of travel. The thought that comes to mind as I close this review is simple -- if this property is #1 or #2, what are the other places in Huntington like? Even with those reservations about this property, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam_Damon1
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Thanks for your very detailed review. We are planning to get all new flooring in our rooms in the next year and to update the softgoods as periodically needs to be done. I think you sum up Red Roof pretty well, clean, comfortable, and friendly. A straightforward room without a lot of frills, but a very good value.

Thanks again for your business and your review.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

I have for several years chosen the Red Roof Inn for it's cleanliness, the friendly service, and the locale. I have stayed there through family reunions, school reunions, and several family funerals. it is just convient for my every need. I will be looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: South side rooms are quieter, and I recommend non smoking.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LenaPruitt
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thanks for you great review. We appreciate our many long time guests like yourself and look forward to seeing you on your next stay. Thanks again and I will pass on your comments to my staff.

Jon Campbell

Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at the Red Roof Inn in Huntington, WV this past weekend. Upon arrival we found the staff to be courteous and pleasant, our room clean and comfortable with all the amenities as advertised. Our request for fresh towels was honored immediately.
We have stayed here many times before and havenever had an unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Have stayed in all areas of this facility and have found no difference in the rooms or environment.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them on to my staff. We appreciate your business over the years and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

No breakfast, but with the money we saved, we could go out and eat a huge meal.
The furniture was not Ethan Allen, but was comfortable, clean and more than adequate to meet our needs.
If you are looking for a lavish, 5 star motel, then go somewhere and spend hundreds of dollars. If you are looking for a clean, nice, comfortable place at a very reasonable price...........JACKPOT, this is it.
Staff was VERY courteous, helpful, and eager to serve.
Great place.......great!

Room Tip: Go to the Red Roof website and check for discounts.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thank you for your kind words, I couldn't have said it better myself. No frills, but clean comfortable and affordable with a friendly staff. I will pass this on to my staff since they are really the ones responsible for everything that we do right. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
6.5 km away
Pullman Plaza Hotel
#10 of 12 in Huntington
7.2 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!