“Perfectly adequate”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Maryland
“Perfectly adequate”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel because the one we usually stay at in Huntington (Holiday Inn) was full. It was perfectly adequate for our needs -- clean, everything worked, and there was a microwave and small refrigerator to boot. Also, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful, and even switched us to a non-smoking room after I realized that I had forgotten to request one and we initially ended up in a room for smokers.

But, in order to save money, this motel chain skimps on some odd things. For instance, instead of having a box of tissues on the sink, they just have one of those pocket-size packets. Instead of miniature bottles of shampoo, they have very tiny plastic packages of shampoo that can't be re-closed. There is no hair dryer and no iron. So plan ahead and bring those additional items if you need them. Other than that, the motel is fine for a short stay.

Room Tip: Walls are thin so second floor might be better than first floor (only two floors)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank OccasionalAdventurer
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for your review. Thank you for your clear definition of our hotel. Clean rooms with friendly people offering a good value. As an economy hotel, we do not offer some of the same ammenities as our more expensive competitors, that is why we are significantly less expensive. I also wanted to add that we do have new flat screen televisions in all of our rooms. Thank you for your business and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Huntington.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Kentucky
Reviewed 12 May 2012

As soon as we walked in the room we smelled a nasty stale room with bugs crawling on the floor. I noticed the pillows looked like someone just threw them back on the bed and put the covers on top. Very nasty. We walked in and walked out! we went downstairs and demanded our money back. When we told him about the roaches he said, "roaches? We just sprayed for those." YUCK! Not the answer I expected to hear. We ended up driving the rest of the night and went home.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kcatjohnson
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. This is unacceptable and I will certainly dig into this to find and fix the problem. Since we are an exterior corridor hotel, sometimes bugs do fly or crawl into rooms when the door is open that is why we regularly have our exterminator treat the rooms, My staff takes a lot of pride in their work and we will use this feedback to get better.

Emmaus
Reviewed 20 April 2012

It was pretty cold outside when we were there, and since the heater was not working properly it was pretty cold inside, too. Other than that it was OK; standard Red Roof.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry that the heat didn't work properly in your room. I know that is frustrating when you are travelling and things don't work the way they should. I will make sure we check the heat panels in thr rooms to avoid this problem in the future. With the recent sudden change in weather the heat had been turned off in the rooms and our heat panels do take some time to heat up the room. I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we appreciate your business.

Shepherdsville
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stopped here for an over nighter, room was clean and comfy, Friendly folks. Close to dining and spirits (CVS). Very basic room, but just needed to sleep and then continue with our journey.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJ2KY
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for your review. Clean, comfortable and convenient with friendly people. I couldnt have said it better myself. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again the next time you pass through. Thanks for your business.

Point Pleasant, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We started staying at this particular Red Roof Inn, Huntington, WV several years ago as casual guest. When I was diagnosed with cancer and have to be in Huntington for treatments we stay more frequently and for longer periods of time.

The Huntington, WV Red Roof Inn in particular we like because of the friendly folks who work the front desk the other staff members who keep the rooms so clean and the bathrooms sparkling. It is located on Route 60 at the east end of town just off Interstate 64 and is close to good eateries and stores and other amenities.

We are always made to feel at home at any Red Roof Inn where we stay but especially the Red Roof in Huntington because we know the folks there now.

Room Tip: Any room is great for overnight...if you are staying more than a couple of days try to get a ground...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ozzie F
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing positive feedback from our guests. We are glad that you have chosen to do business with us and become part of our family. I will pass your comments on to my staff. Thanks again for your business.

Lisle, Illinois
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was very pleased by the whole experiance. the staff was very freindly and helpfull,
the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. very convienent as there is
food and the interstate right by. i got the upgraded room with coffee maker and it had a nice
desk/ work area as well as a small fridge and microwave. the wifi was excellent to check emails
and mapquest etc. the bathroom was clean and the shower was perfect. this was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn i called and reserved it proir to my trip, and it was totally worth it!
i hope all Red Roof inns are this good

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank John D
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for your positive review and thanks for your business. I'm glad you enjoyed the Superior King room and your stay. I will pass on your comments to my staff, they always enjoy getting feedback from our guests. I hope you stay with us again soon. Thanks again.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I reserved the room over the phone sight unseen. the gentleman on the phone was so helpful with directions, etc. If you are on a budget, or traveling with pets, you can't beat this. Nice and clean. Yes, it's basic. But after a long day on the road, all I need is a comfy, clean, safe room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thank you for your review, I couldn't have said it better myself. I will pass your comments on to my staff. They work hard to make sure everyone is delighted with their stay. Thanks again for your business.