All reviews living area hot tub fayetteville campfire gorge loft walmart tv
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My fiance and I came here to unwind and relax for the weekend. We researched many cabins in the area and came upon this one at the last minute. We are so thankful that we did! Not only was the price $30-$50 less a night, the cabin and location were complete perfection! We stayed in cabin #1, it was very spacious and clean. Wood was available for the fireplace and the cabin came equipped with towels and dishes. After a fun day of exploring the New River, which is only minutes away, we had dinner at Pies and Pints and came home to relax in the hot tub! The owners were completely accommodating. If I could say anything negative, it was that we wish the hot tub had been hotter. Everything else was perfect! We are already planning to bring our 7 year old son back this summer to do some white water rafting. Thanks!!!

Room tip: Bring fire starters to help get the fire going.
Date of stay: March 2013
2  Thank Terri P
Reviewed January 2, 2013

On a Wednesday night at 6:30pm we were passing thru and decided on a whim to try and find a cabin to stay in for a couple of nights. We normally get cabins thru Adventures on the Gorge- Rivermen (which are also great) but their offices were closed at 5pm and we also tried 2-3 other popular cabin rentals in the area, all to get voice recordings because too late in the day. Then called Mill Creek Cabins and they had a cabin opened for us in 30 minutes. Drove in to a cabin with lights on, hot tub, and free firewood at our doorstep (cabin #2). Excellent service, after hours, mid-week, right after nye (jan 2). Also easy to find in the dark. Perfect cabin in the woods. Well done mill creek cabins.

Date of stay: January 2013
2  Thank SarahAlair
A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family and friends stayed in cabin #6. It had 3 bedrooms with queen/full beds in each bedroom. Three more queen/full beds in common area upstairs (open area). One couch upstairs in open area and 2 couches downstairs. It also had 2 long benches in living area you could sleep. Only 2 bathrooms. There were 14 people staying in this one house. Very nice long dining table and nice hot tub. Reality clean and very quiet. Close by eating and attractions.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We rented Cabin 8 for a couple nights, and it was fantastic. The cabin was clean, smelled fresh, and was well furnished with a stove, full sized fridge, coffee maker, and pots and pans. The bed was clean and comfortable. For us, the location couldn't have been better, it was right around the corner from New & Gauley River Adventures, and just a couple minutes from Fayetteville. We can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank Zebulon B
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice location, the structure of the cabin itself was beautiful but we had some issues with the cabin that we tried to address with the owners and never heard back. The owners were super nice when we booked, and when we left a note on check out day stating that we had issues with the cabin and that we would contact them to discuss, they did try to reach us three times that day (I had packed my cell phone in my suitcase and did not know they tried to call). Once I was able to get back to them later that night, I spoke with someone else who worked there, not the owners. We stayed in cabin # 2. I explained that the lights in one bedroom did not work, I forgot to mention to them that we had to screw in the light fixture in the bedroom we stayed in b/c when you turned on the fan, it shook so much we were afraid it was going to fall off it was so loose, living room furniture was very old, dated and uncomfortable, very strong mold/must smell in bedrooms (we were going to change rooms but the lights in the other bedroom did not work) large black ants in kitchen and living room, mice in closets and walls scratching all night keeping us up (later discovered mouse trips under kitchen sink, so they knew there was a problem). Our cabin was fully carpeted except for the kitchen and bathroom; I attribute the strong must/mold smell to old, dirty carpet that needs to be taken out and replaced. The blinds did not work in the living room and the bedroom we stayed in, had a lot of difficult with those, also the bedding in the bedrooms was very old and dated. We did very much enjoy the hot tub which was clean and roomy, the only downfall is, it is not on a private deck and we had a strange man come up to us while we were in the hot tub late at night which made us very uncomfortable (also forgot to mention this to the owners). With some improvements and updating this cabin really can be wonderful but unfortunately we did not enjoy our stay. We were very disappointed in our experience with Mill Creek Cabins. My husband and I only book cabins and B&B's when we travel which is quite often, and we stay in very basic, rustic cabins to luxury cabins, so this place had seemed like it would fall right in between. I have never complained to an owner about a property we have stayed in and we have enjoyed many over the years. When I did relay this information to the person I spoke with at Mill Creek, I felt very bad telling them about all of the issues we had and I felt I was extremely nice about it. We were simply told "sorry" and that we should have told them of the issues at the time and they would have changed cabins for us. We appreciate that but by the time we really started realizing how bad the issues were, we were already settled in and unpacked, and we knew this was their busy season. Driving through their property most cabins appeared to be rented and we did not want to complain, In hindsight we should have said something because for paying $697.00 for three nights, we really felt it was not worth it at all. We did not ask for any kind of a refund, but it would have been nice if they had offered something, especially since we did tell them we were in the area checking out cabins for our family to join us later this year. Great service and expectations in the beginning, but by the end we felt we had made a poor choice for the first time when booking a cabin.

Date of stay: July 2012