See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Back in January, my husband and I planned a last min trip to Mill Creek for a weekend getaway. What a wonderful experience. We live in the northern VA/DC area and the ride to the mountains was absolutely beautiful. We went from Jan 30-Feb 2, 2013. The timing could not have been anymore perfect it was snowing throughout our stay. When we got to our destination, at first we were a bit concerned as when you first turn onto Milroy rd there's homes and trailers. My husband and I were confused and were saying you got to be kidding (it looked nothing like the pictures), but as you drive about a quarter mile you then drive into the woods and see the beautiful cabin homes. To add to that it was snowing so the property was absolutely breath taking. We finally get to our Cabin #2 and we we're so thrilled. The pictures on the website does not do it justice what so ever. If you are looking for quaint and rustic, well you found it here. From the Jacuzzi out from your front door to the beautiful slate wood burning fireplace. There is no wrong with this place. The property even offers chopped wood, however there is an honor code to tip accordingly for the prep wood. Which suggest $5-$7 which is still a good offer. The staff is very attentive. My husband and I have a gas fireplace so the hubby had trouble at first lighting up the fireplace lol. So we called the property manager and they sent Mike on over to help. Thanks Mike. The staffs are wonderful and helpful and down to earth people. The location is perfect. Though you feel your miles and miles away from the nearest store, but for your convenience there’s Wal-mart, restaurants and other shopping less than 10 mins away. My husband and I plan on going back either towards the end of the year or beginning of next year. We just love what the cabin has to offer and it makes it that more romantic when it’s snowing. We played in the snow and then hopped in the hot tub afterwards. Who does that lol. Anyways. Our stay was relaxing and wonderful and would definitely recommend going with your significant other and or make it a couples trip especially during the winter months. Next time we go we will go to the nearest ski resort which I believe is less than 30 mins. I highly recommend staying here. If you decide to go let me know your thoughts.
L

Room Tip: Cabin 2 was a nice spot. Though it was winter this cabin is surrounded by trees. All cabins are spread throughout the property so you may see some from a distance but feel you have privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Landy07
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My fiance and I came here to unwind and relax for the weekend. We researched many cabins in the area and came upon this one at the last minute. We are so thankful that we did! Not only was the price $30-$50 less a night, the cabin and location were complete perfection! We stayed in cabin #1, it was very spacious and clean. Wood was available for the fireplace and the cabin came equipped with towels and dishes. After a fun day of exploring the New River, which is only minutes away, we had dinner at Pies and Pints and came home to relax in the hot tub! The owners were completely accommodating. If I could say anything negative, it was that we wish the hot tub had been hotter. Everything else was perfect! We are already planning to bring our 7 year old son back this summer to do some white water rafting. Thanks!!!

Room Tip: Bring fire starters to help get the fire going.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terri P
Reviewed January 2, 2013

On a Wednesday night at 6:30pm we were passing thru and decided on a whim to try and find a cabin to stay in for a couple of nights. We normally get cabins thru Adventures on the Gorge- Rivermen (which are also great) but their offices were closed at 5pm and we also tried 2-3 other popular cabin rentals in the area, all to get voice recordings because too late in the day. Then called Mill Creek Cabins and they had a cabin opened for us in 30 minutes. Drove in to a cabin with lights on, hot tub, and free firewood at our doorstep (cabin #2). Excellent service, after hours, mid-week, right after nye (jan 2). Also easy to find in the dark. Perfect cabin in the woods. Well done mill creek cabins.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank SarahAlair
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family and friends stayed in cabin #6. It had 3 bedrooms with queen/full beds in each bedroom. Three more queen/full beds in common area upstairs (open area). One couch upstairs in open area and 2 couches downstairs. It also had 2 long benches in living area you could sleep. Only 2 bathrooms. There were 14 people staying in this one house. Very nice long dining table and nice hot tub. Reality clean and very quiet. Close by eating and attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We rented Cabin 8 for a couple nights, and it was fantastic. The cabin was clean, smelled fresh, and was well furnished with a stove, full sized fridge, coffee maker, and pots and pans. The bed was clean and comfortable. For us, the location couldn't have been better, it was right around the corner from New & Gauley River Adventures, and just a couple minutes from Fayetteville. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple