Quality Inn New River(Fayetteville)(Great Value!)
US$95
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsliving areahot tubfayettevillecampfiregorgeloftwalmart
Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

Stayed there on Tuesday the 18th and did a phone order that same day. Told me a cabin would be 150 so I booked it. Was charged 168. When I called they told me that is tax added on. Every other place told me the upfront price with tax. Rude customer service. Unless you want a surprise on your credit card bill, book anywhere else.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Asia K
Reviewed August 10, 2015

We had a family reunion over the weekend and utilized the lakefront cabins. Very nice accommodations. Cabins were clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Really nice bonfire, on the beach, facing the bridge, every night. This was provided by the staff. Only suggestions would be that when you pack your own linens, make sure to include a mattress pad. Their mattresses' are vinyl or plastic coated and don't breath well. That added cushion would remedy that. I will visit again. In fact the 32 of us are talking about reserving for next year to do it again!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ginch
Reviewed July 29, 2015

This is a nice clean cabin. It is good for couples or family's. It was so relaxing sitting on the porch in the mornings and evenings listening to the birds. The hot tub on the patio is really relaxing also.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2015

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay at Mill Creek Cabins. I think they may be in the middle of a change of ownership, as the emails are from New River Gorge Cabins.

We had a bit of a hard time booking accommodation. There was not an online option, and the initial phone number had a full voicemail, and the email account was also full. I was able to leave a message at the toll-free line, and was called back.

I booked cabin #4 for 5 people for 7 nights.

The location is excellent. It is just off 19, and the roads were ok. The property was very beautiful, as was our cabin, settled into the side of the mountain.

My first impression was great. Everything was clean and seemed well stocked. At first...

The issues we ran into were:

towels - 5 people for 7 days... no way to dry the towels... constantly damp towels.

toilet paper - They provided one small roll, and I had to call for more. They delivered 5 rolls, but they didn't last till the end of the week. It was very cheap paper, and the rolls were tiny. I also requested a cabin change and never received any call about availability.

garbage bags and paper towels - I called and requested. They said they only provided one... (my email confirmation said otherwise)

Pots and pans - It was very difficult to make a meal with three small pots and one large pot. There was only one tiny saute pan. I also needed a roasting pan. Only a couple cookie sheets.

Hot tub - bugs collected around the inset tub. Can't really see how to improve that. Also could have used more chemicals by the 5th day. It started to smell.

The cabin also seemed to be very damp. I am sure that has to do with the design, in which the cabin was built into the mountain. We couldn't get anything dry. A washer/dryer set would GREATLY improve the experience.

My biggest suggestion would be to improve the Internet situation. I thought there would be wifi, but apparently that is only in cabin #1 & #2... The TV was about 13 inches... Our data plans were exceeded using the cell tower.

I booked this reservation for approx $200/night including taxes.

I think with a little tweaking, this could be an amazing property. It just isn't yet.

Room Tip: Book cabin 1 or 2 for wifi
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed May 29, 2015

These cabins are much cheaper than Adventures on the Gorge lodging. We visited over Memorial Day weekend. Billie, who answers the phone, was very helpful and friendly. Overall, the cabin was clean. It was stocked with plenty of towels for our party of 6 for 2 nights. The cabins are nothing fancy, but they were well stocked and convenient to Adventures on the Gorge. Be sure to bring dish detergent, as there is no dishwasher. The reason I gave this a 3 instead of a 4 is because the cabin smelled of stale smoke, which is not a preference of mine. It was not so offensive that I couldn't stay there, however, it was bothersome. I should point out/clarify that I am very offended by the smell of smoke and I live in a smoke free community so smoking in general is offensive to me. This may not bother others.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family