“A classic building with imposing columns.”
Review of Carnegie Hall

Carnegie Hall
Ranked #5 of 18 things to do in Lewisburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Carnegie Hall was built in 1902 with funds donated by steel baron and philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie. Carnegie Hall, Inc. was established in 1983 as a regional, not-for-profit arts and education center to serve Southern West Virginia. The historic, Greek-revival structure houses an auditorium, studios for painting, weaving, pottery and dance; three art galleries; kitchen; administrative offices; and several other rooms used for meeting spaces, classrooms, lectures, receptions, and gatherings of all kinds.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Located right beside the Old Presbyterian church and Confederate Cemetery. It is photogenic but closed when we visited . You can park on the street.

All reviews
"wv"
in 7 reviews
"columns"

Reviewed November 14, 2017

When I found out that Lewisburg had a Carnegie Hall I had to see it .
I can say I have made it to Carnegie Hall .
I went in the dance studio and did a few barre exercises .
There are mirrors everywhere so you can see yourself from all angles .
You are allowed to tour the entire building .
I went down to the stage and held the mike and sang very low so I pretended I was performing at Carnegie Hall .
They have pictures and history articles on the walls .
I took a photo of a violin made in France dating back to the 1800's.
My father played the violin so its a special instrument to me .
It doesn't take much time out of your day so go check it out .
After all , its free .
The man on duty was very nice and helpful .
Its easy to find .
If you are out walking downtown , you can walk from there .

Reviewed September 11, 2017

One of only four Carnegie Halls in the US, has great entertainment Just go to tour the building alone.

Reviewed September 2, 2017

A big surprise for a New Yorker. There are three more Carnegie Halls.
This is a beautiful building that sponsors performances and exhibits. Worthy of a walk through to see the place.
We visited along with an outdoor concert on the lawn. The WV Symphony Jazz band delighted the crowd with an assortment of songs beyond the scope of jazz. A large crowd tail-gated while enjoying the show.
The hall is a performance center as well as an attraction. Great addition to the Lewisburg cultural scene.