“Pleasantly surprised”

Cinco de Mayo Mexican Restaurant - Spring Mills
Ranked #31 of 170 Restaurants in Martinsburg
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We were in the neighborhood and wanted dinner. We had gone to 2 other places and they were closed (on July 4th), so we were just happy that Cinco de Mayo was open. I didn't expect much of this shopping center restaurant beside Walmart, but I was pleasantly surprised.

They have Pepsi products, so I was in heaven!! The free (thick) chips and salsa were just OK.

I ordered the Enchiladas Suiza (4 chicken enchiladas with a white cheese sauce and a touch of green chile sauce top) and my husband got El Favorito (a bed of rice with chicken, shrimp and scallops with veggies on top). Both dishes were delicious!! I ordered a side of pico de gallo and while tasty, I was a bit shocked when the bill arrived and it was $3.

The server was super slow and hard to find when we needed something. But the food was so good, I would still probably go back (if we lived nearby). My dinner was $11 (it only came with the 4 enchiladas - no side dishes) and hubby's was $17. There was so much food on his place he didn't finish. I probably would have tried dessert, but I didn't feel like waiting for the waiter anymore. Maybe next time.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been to this restaurant 3 times in the last couple of months. The food is good, service is fast and friendly, and the margaritas are great!

Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

We moved into the area from LBucks County, PA. This was the first meal we had in the area. We've frequented many different Mexican restaurants in Philadelphia and NYC. The food was absolutely delicious.... The servers lacked enthusiasm to serve our party of 5 people, but cordial and polite at the same time. We'd visit again! All we've found in addition to this place is Taco Bell SO this place beats them.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

We rarely eat out, but stopped here with friends about a week ago. The menu had a lot of variety, not the usual Mexican combination plates, but dinner sized entrees. My husband got a plate of four burritos, and I got a bowl of chicken soup. The soup was excellent, a nice big bowl,but not too much for my lighter appetite. He enjoyed his burritos, and our friends liked their food. Service was friendly and quick, but we didn't feel rushed through our meal. There are several restaurants in this area, and this is far and away the best.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

This seems to be our favorite place in this area. We go about once a week, and try a new dish almost every time. Chicken flautas are VERY good. My husband likes the chimichangas. Haven't been disappointed yet!!!