I booked this hotel for our family of four ( which includes two children under 11) for a weekend in July on the recommendation of family who live in the area. We needed a place to stay for a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel wasn't fully booked, because there were people without reservations inquiring after and receiving rooms as we were checking in.
The hotel isn't hard to find off of I-77 and we had no problem with road noise. It's directly across from a Taco Bell and close to a McDonald's and a gas station. There are some other food options close by. The parking lot of the hotel was huge but it was crammed full of cars both nights.
I did get the impression that there were was a mix of people like us, staying for just a few days, and longer term residents at this hotel. That would make sense, given that some of the rooms had pretty elaborate kitchenettes. If I am remembering correctly, our room's kitchenette even had a dishwasher, in addition to the standard mini fridge, microwave, and bar sink. The cupboards had some dishes. The room itself was spacious and clean. The bathroom was dark, though, and needed better lighting.
I found the layout of the hotel to be a bit confusing, and you needed a key to go from building to building at the oddest of times. That was ok for us, in sunny and warm weather. It would've been really annoying in cold/snowy/rainy times. The room numbers didn't make much sense. We were there with additional family members in two other rooms of the hotel and had a hard time figuring out where exactly they were located! The public areas of the hotel were nice and clean, with the exception of the outside picnic area. Smokers really congregated around it, especially at night. We came back to the room around 11:00 one night and my kids were a little intimidated, having to walk by the crowd of smokers around the picnic pavilion! The trash can there was overflowing.
The last two times we've stayed in the area we've stayed at the Blennerhasset. The main reason we stayed at this hotel was so our kids could swim in the pool, so they were looking forward to doing that. The indoor and outdoor pools here were nice, although not very big. The kids said the water was a good temperature. There were plenty of chairs around the pool and plenty of towels. The pool area was close to the bar so that the adults could enjoy a beverage while the kids swam. Unfortunately, lots of other adults had the same idea and close to the 11:00 p.m. pool closing time (which was when we had time for our kids to swim), the atmosphere around the pool wasn't always so family friendly. Obviously that's not always going to be the case and that can happen anywhere, but we had to cut swimming short, and that was a bummer.
Overall, this hotel was ok. I was not expecting it to be quite as crowded as it was. From the pool to the parking lot (it was full every night) to the breakfast area, the hotel was FULL. I guess this is a popular place. I wasn't terribly impressed. Am I expecting too much for Mineral Wells, WV? Maybe. The staff was courteous. The place was clean. It was kind of pricey for location, I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modest, all-suite, low-rise hotel is near Interstate 77 and is 10.8 miles from Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park. The relaxed suites have en suite bathrooms, as well as free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, microwaves, minifridges, coffeemakers and wet bars. Some come with kitchenettes and whirlpool tubs. A complimentary hot breakfast buffet is provided, as is a local area shuttle and RV parking. The hotel offers computers for guests' use. There's an indoor/outdoor heated pool, a gym, and an on-site bar, plus a meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Comfort Suites Mineral Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Mineral Wells Hotel Mineral Wells
- Mineral Wells Comfort Suites