“Overcooked ramen noodles”

Ranked #18 of 342 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Ogawa is typically good and I've written good reviews in the past. They now have shoyu ramen and tonkotsu ramen.... Taste was ok but the noodles we're way over cooked

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018

My friends, my kids, and I all enjoy lunch and dinner here. Ogawa is my go-to place when I need good food, nice service, a quiet place, and want to be taken care of. This is not the most upscale restaurant, but it is a real place with happy staff and a comfortable atmosphere. Overall, it is a place best suited for a quiet meal with friends or couples. don't recommend it for kids although my children do like it. i eat there about twice a month and always suggest it to my business colleques.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Was seated at a table and ordered ice tea. I never saw the tea. Still not sure if the even serve ice tea.

They were busy - that’s okay - allowances are made.

A few minutes later another server drops off soup and a water with apologies. No worries I say.

I order two Chef Special Sushi rolls and because I’m solo and I’m working, I open my laptop to check a few emails while waiting.

Sushi dropped at the table in a wooden boat but I was left wanting an a plate. I never saw a plate or was lucky enough to flag anyone down to ask for one. Still not sure if they have plates there.

Sushi rolls were huge - far to big to just put them in your mouth. I needed a fork or a knife to cut them in pieces. Nope. Not that either and not ever.

Sushi was bland and tasted mostly like white rice. I honestly cannot say if I was just too angry to enjoy my food at this point.

I pushed through about 1/3 of my food and decided that it just wasn’t worth it and I would find a nice place for dinner.

I asked for the check and right after my card was ran and returned to the table, the manager approached my table and ASKED ME TO LEAVE. Apparently if you are solo and there is someone else waiting, then they feel it is entirely appropriate to move you along.

The total time I sat with food in front of me was perhaps 7 minutes, maybe 10, tops.

I travel all over the country and eat out multiple times each week. I enjoy good Sushi. This was hands-down the absolute WORST dining experience I have ever had.

Unbelievable. Truly.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I had just finished my evening walk and was in the mood for sushi. I entered and was politely greeted and seated. You are automatically given a small bowl of miso soup. It was quite nice and whet your appetite. I ordered the spider roll and a bowl of udon noodle soup. Both dishes were excellent. The fried soft shell crab was fresh and the presentation was simple but appealing. The broth for the soup was light and flavorful. The menu is pretty extensive and a return trip is warranted. The service was excellent.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Foos was undercooked and parts were cold I'm never going back their I got food poisoning from this place

Date of visit: May 2018