All reviews mezzanine level downtown area high street elegant hotel night life continental breakfast love seat beautiful lobby late at night an older hotel sitting area room was large waffle maker third floor pleasant stay definitely stay here again waffles
Reviewed December 18, 2017

For the price the hotel was great just under $100 a night. Check in was quick and received a parking pass to park my vehicle in walking distance. The hotel is located in middle of a college town WVU (Morgantown, WV) and there's plenty of food establishments in the area.

Room tip: Had a room on the fourth floor could hear talking from individuals either outside or floor below.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I usually don’t stay in this older style of Hotel but with family and friends staying we chose to stay here, no a fan of this hotel, the night staff almost didn’t want to be bothered and when we needed some extra bed sheets and cover for grand daughter they were told they didn’t have any. Our boys had purchased some wine for later on and when they asked for a cork screw were told they didn’t have any, my feeling at that time was they didn’t want to get one, I’ve been to several hotels that went out of their way to help you, didn’t see that here. Price was right nice location and that was about it. Probably won’t be back, had some other issues as well but not worth including.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have spoken with my night staff with proper procedure on how to go about satisfying our guests. Thank you for bring this to my attention. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

I once again had the pleasure of staying at the Clarion Hotel Morgan in Morgantown, WV. One of the best selling points to this place is the building itself. A bit of a throwback to classic American buildings. The first floor is a gorgeous, classic looking lobby. The first floor also offers a fantastic workout room and a full bar that looks like something out of a classic movie.

The rooms are huge and spacious. Very comfortable and welcoming. A couch and desk are set apart from the rest of the bedroom. The bathroom was clean and offered anything a guest would need. The breakfast they offered could not be beat. It just felt like I was eating a home cooked meal.

The surrounding neighborhood is also a great selling point for the hotel. The neighborhood has a history all its own. There are plenty of great, reasonably priced places to eat. Also, a variety of cool novelty shopping options (comic books, antiques, etc.) that can keep any shopper busy. Morgantown, WV. is great and the Clarion Hotel makes it all the better.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing The Clarion Hotel Morgan. We appreciate your business and are happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Morgantown area.

Traci Bailey and Staff

Reviewed November 21, 2017

I stayed here because the Marriott down the road was full. I was pleasantly surprised at the amenities this place has. An open bar for 4 hours at night, a full service restaurant on the top floor, and room service as well. The room was very spacious and clean and even though you could tell it was old, the furniture and contents were very new. I experienced no problems with anything in the room. The only con I can think of is that the parking is a little bit of a walk away from the hotel, but its free. There are many eateries that will deliver to this hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone in the Morgantown area in need of somewhere to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We're glad to hear that you had a great stay and hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Traci Bailey and Staff

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

This was a last minute booking and the price was right. $99/night for a suite. King sized bed and ample seating. Very spacious room. The hotel was built in the 1920's with many of the best appointments of the day. You can tell they have made upgrades to the rooms and the building, yet there are still many indications this is a building from the 1920's.

An ample breakfast is included in the cost of the room and is served on the mezzanine level. A small bar is just off the lobby, as well as the fitness center. The main restaurant is located on the 8th floor (did not visit). The ballroom is a step into history and a very popular venue for wedding receptions.

The hotel does offer free parking by providing you a pass for one of several pay lots in close proximity to the hotel.

Being in downtown Morgantown you have a variety of eating establishments within walking distance, of note though is the proximity of WVU - much of the clientele are students.

I will return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017