All reviews historical hotel mezzanine level downtown area night life continental breakfast love seat beautiful lobby late at night an older hotel sitting area room was large waffle maker the general manager third floor pleasant stay definitely stay here again waffles
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

My family and I went to visit my brother for a football game and most of us had stayed here before and had a decent experience. When we went to check in there was one family in front of us and 3 people behind the desk and it still took us 20 min to get checked in and given our room keys. We then made our way to our room which we expected to have room for 4 people (since that’s how many people we had). We got to the room they assigned us to find one king bed and no other sleeping option. We tried to call down to the front desk but the buttons on the phone were broken. We sent someone down stairs to try to get this fixed and it took another 10-15 to get reassigned to another room (probably because one of the elevators were broken). We then got shown to our new room which had two queen beds and a pull out couch. The walls in the bathroom had holes in them and there was a bit of wear and tear to the room which is expected with an other hotel. After we walked around town and got dinner we came back and tried to assemble the pull out couch. Not only was it difficult to pull out but when we got it out there were springs detached and the frame was broken. There also wasn’t an extra pair of sheets for the couch. We still all fit but it would have been more comfortable with the pull out. The location of this hotel is perfect for what we were doing but the quality was lacking. Not sure if we’d stay there again

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered at check in and when checking into your room. We appreciate you staying and do hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Morgantown area.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Thought it would be cool to stay right down town where all the night life was, in a historic hotel. Well the downtown part was cool and convenient, they have 3 different parking lots you can use which was nice there was plenty of spaces to park on a busy Friday night. However, right when we walked in there was an order of pee, the receptionist we worked with was absolutely wonderful but everyone else looked tired and dirty. The hotel was older as expected which was kinda cool but some features felt dirty and dingy. The room was spacious but dingy and we didn't feel comfortable enough to take our shoes off. Thankfully because there were cockroaches crawling around the bathroom that ran under the toilet! I didn't feel comfortable enough to take a shower but my husband did and the bathtub filled up with water due to poor drainage as he was showering. In the morning we went to check out the breakfast, there was hardly anything available and everything looked very stale. We didn't choose to take anything.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I am following up on your complaint to see what was going on with your room. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with daughter and grandson last fall. The historic nature of the place lends to a welcoming feel but don’t look too closely or you will notice a little wear and tear on this beautiful, old lady. Our room was spacious, clean and well appointed and we were satisfied enough that we’d book again in the future. There was a wedding held the weekend we were staying but it didn’t interfere at all with our stay. The lady at the front counter was friendly and helpful upon check-in. The only issue of concern for us is that the parking is very inconvenient. Parking is in the city lots across the street behind some streetside buildings. The most direct route to your car is down an alley that, at the time of our visit, was strewn with garbage and a few rats. Going to your car night? Nope, nope, nope. I believe our booking was through a discounted booking site so we were very pleased with the price vs quality of the room. We didn’t eat breakfast there so can’t speak to the quality of it or any surrounding restaurants. I really believe that if you get s good price you will probably be satisfied.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience of the parking. Being downtown, it is really difficult for parking. I do hope with all the other positive things, you will stay with us the next time you are in the Morgantown area.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My review last year was overwhelmingly positive. We love the historic building and the quiet rooms. However, this hotel has a firm 11 am checkout but grudgingly gave us 11:30 when I explained my husband wasn’t feeling well. But then housekeeping was knocking on the door at 11:14 because “it’s 14 minutes after checkout”, she said. When I told her we were given an 11:30, she said, “oh”. I only saw a few other guests, so I’m not sure what the rush was.

Breakfast is typical Choice: waffles, cereal, powdered eggs, cereal, etc.

Being Choice Privilege members isn’t important to the staff both at check in, check out and during our stay. Restaurant was closed on Sunday. For a college town, the area is pretty sleepy. The Iron horse, across the street is terrific, but closed at 9 on Sunday.

We will be staying elsewhere next time we are in the area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 424carolm
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for your stay not being what you expected. We strive for great customer service and I apologize if you did not receive that. I do hope that you will consider to stay with us again so we can prove our excellent guest service to you. Please call me direct at the hotel if I can do anything.

Reviewed July 20, 2018

Great place for this size town, walking distance to everything. Very accommodating with motorcycle parking, beautiful lobby, rooms way more spacious than expected. Seems like better than average sound insulation, we were by the elevator and were not bothered by it. If it had a pool for the hot summer days, it would be just about perfect.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your positive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Morgantown area.