“Pleased but not wowed”
Review of Andiamo LLC

Andiamo LLC
Ranked #197 of 304 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Description: Andiamo! is Morgantown's newest contemporary restaurant serving Italian cuisine, fine wines, tasty cocktails and local craft beer.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I took my children to Andiamo recently for a Friday night dinner and the spaghetti and meatballs were a hit with the kids. The meatballs were huge - one would be plenty for most adult meals. I enjoyed the fettuccini Alfredo - it was not mired down in a creamy sauce so you could really taste the pasta. The breadsticks and salad were also fine. But, that's just it... there was nothing that made Andiamo memorable. The ambiance hadn't changed much at all from the previous owners' decor, so it felt like the same old place. Service was okay -- they could have used another server or two on the floor to keep up with the increasing Friday night dinner crowd that day. Hopefully they work out the wrinkles and find some ways to stand out among the other very good Italian eateries in the area.

Matt H, Owner at Andiamo LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thanks Steph for giving us a try and for taking the time to write the review. We're glad you (and especially the kids ) were pleased. We're working on some things to change the ambience, and hopefully add to the wow factor. We've also recently hired more servers to handle the Friday night crowd, so that should help on your next visit. We certainly appreciate the support we're receiving from the community. It seems most genuinely want us to succeed in a location that's had trouble keeping restaurants. We hope you'll give us another try soon. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A newish Italian place where Provoloni's used to be. We were there not long after they opened. Actually had a gift card to Provoloni's that they honored, which was really awesome. The food was delicious, the wine list isn't long but looks pretty good (I wasn't drinking, so my husband was relegated to by-the-glass). Service was excellent. We're looking forward to going back!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

My husband and I decided to try this newly opened restaurant. Italian food is my favorite type of food. After a long wait, our salad arrived and it was a typical side salad. I asked for bread as it was included with the meal, our server said it was still in the oven, took a while and what we got was commercially prepared breadsticks. Another wait. When my main dish, spaghetti with marinara sauce arrived, the sauce was spicy and unremarkable. The pasta had several big clumps of spaghetti; this happens when it is not stirred while cooking. My husband's lobster ravioli were bland. One positive note, our server was efficient and apologized for the wait. I heard her apologize to a nearby table of four people because some of their food arrived cold. We will not return to Andiamo again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had supper on a Friday night here. This restaurant recently changed owners and we came to check it out. We had the shrimp and polenta as well as the pesto chicken pasta dish. Both of our meals were good. However, we both wished for larger portions. The breadsticks were delicious as were the homemade salad dressings.

1  Thank Girlcaneat
Matt H, Owner at Andiamo LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for the kind review. We're definitely working on our portion sizes as a new restaurant. What we've found is some were over-portioned and others weren't quite enough. We've made some changes and invite you back again. We value your input and look forward to serving you again sometime soon.