“How did I not find this until today? The aromas just walking in the door ... get ya!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kassar's Food & Gifts
Ranked #104 of 337 Restaurants in Morgantown
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Gosh. Just don't know where to start! Well, it's a market So there's fresh produce, but also a freezer section with fresh meat (lamb, anyone?) And shelves and shelves of spices and herbs to kick up whatever recipes you're making from the Middle East, India, Pakistan, northern Africa or who knows where else! But it was there! Oh the smells were wonderful! And there were gifts: tea sets, scarves, jewelry and oh, wait ... did I mention the cold case? It had tabooley, meat pies, cheese pies, spinach pies, baklava. In case you didn't want these lovelies packaged up to take home, you could order a meal and sit down and devour it there! That's for next time.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed June 3, 2015

Try this interesting shop for it's middle eastern food and items for sale. Friendly and helpful staff, great meals and the place to buy spices, dried figs, etc. Pastries are a bit dry but all else is excellent.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed May 27, 2015

The selection is amazing. It is almost like being in the big city. The freshly prepared food is also worth trying and taking home. The Kassars are friendly and very helpful.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed April 27, 2015

I have not yet eaten here, but I plan to simply because of the great service we received in the shop/market section. My husband and I stopped by on a whim and were delighted with all the wonderful and unique items and foodstuffs available here. We are fans of Middle Easter and Indian cuisine and it was great to see a market that sold all of the spices we want to use - and it's local! No longer have to drive 1.5 hours to get ingredients. We also found that their prices are very reasonable (and sometimes downright cheap)! The man at the counter asked if it was our first time in, and we said yes, and made a small purchase. He then gave us free baklava and asked us to come back! Can't say no to that. We will certainly check out the restaurant!

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Micalyn A
Reviewed April 27, 2015

A friend suggested we have our monthly dinner meeting at Kassar's and it was the first time I've ever eaten there. The owner and his son welcomed us and explained many of the foods we had questions about in a kind and informative way. We ate dinner in the dining area behind the store and it was comfortable. The owner brought us a small piece of dessert for each of us on the house which was delightful. I ordered six more to take home with me! The grocery store has a lot of items you don't find elsewhere. I will be back!

Date of visit: April 2015