“Great Pizza for WV”

Pizza Al's
Ranked #12 of 337 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Sorry I couldn't give you an excellent rating Pizza Al's but I'm from Chicago and I'm a pizza snob. That being said, this is pretty damn good for WV. I regularly host events that require catering and Pizza Al's is always on the menu. All of their pizzas are good, but my favorites are their everything topping pizza (minus anchovies) and their vegetarian pizza. Their large pizza is a very good deal and feeds a lot of people. I always order from the University Ave location, but they have a couple of other locations and I'm operating under the assumption that they're equally as good.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 16, 2018

The pies are huge, and I think that's the appeal. It's certainly not the taste and quality. The sauce is sparse and the toppings can be bland and sparse (crumbled sausage has no flavor). Not sure if Morgantown residents have traveled to places with great pizza, but this seems more of a go-to if you don't want chain pizza. It's a big, very over-hyped, average pizza.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

They use the classic pizza ovens, so you can get it crispy crust if you wish. No limit to toppings and great fresh cheese.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We get take-out at the Sabraton location every month or two and the staff is always so attentive! And the pizza is always delicious. Plus, the pies are huge!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Positives: The large is a big 20" diameter. Beer on tap, including Peroni (which I did not have). Quick service for take out (if you call). Close to a grocery store and Walmart with grocery, so you can get your own fresh toppings.
Neutrals: OK cheese, pepperoni, and black olives. Nothing special.
Negatives: Canned mushrooms (rubbery, blah taste); sausage is a fine mince (like bread crumbs) with zero Italian spice and no flavor.

I've now tried the place twice. Last night it was a sausage-black olive/pepperoni-mushroom 50-50. I don't like their mushrooms or sausage. The pizza was cold by the time I got home (not the case with other places with a longer drive--maybe because the pizza's thin and doesn't hold heat?). I would go back if someone else insists. But I haven't found any toppings that I like (what!?) and it's not that great.

Date of visit: July 2018