“Best Cupcakes Around”
Review of The Cupcakerie

The Cupcakerie
Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Morgantown
Description: This little boutique has cupcakes that blow everybody away. In the last 6 months they have won a reader's choice award for best dessert, and best dessert in two local judged events. It has good reviews on yelp and urbanspoon. I recommend them highly.
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Made from scratch, incredibly moist, well balanced flavors, and absolutely delicious. We bought the peanut butter chocolate, and the german chocolate cake, both were incredible. Some may find that the price might feel unreasonable for just one cupcake, when you could spend enough for two and instead buy a mix to make at home. But trust me, you'll want to get your cupcakes here! Check in often because their flavors change.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Yum, yum, yum. What can I say? If you like sweets, this place is for you. The cupcakes are made from scratch and you can taste it. They melt in your mouth. And the flavors! Where can you find the combinations, except at Georgetown Cupcakes? The store is small and adorable with 5 or so small tables to eat at, usually they keep about 6-7 of their most popular flavors and I think that you may have to order if you want other flavors from their menu. The staff is great and friendly. There are 3 sizes to choose from; mini, regular, and jumbo. if you want to try different flavors or watch the calories, get the minis. I've been to Georgetown Cupcakes and I don't remember them tasting any better than the Cupcakerie. And they are more expensive at Georgetown and the wait to get into the store! The only thing is that the entire menu is almost available at Georgetown and every cupcake looks perfect there. The hours are also good, they are open until 8 a few nights a week, the only pain is parking of course since it's downtown. Yes, they aren't cheap, which is good bc I'd probably scarf down 3-4 at a time if they were.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed February 24, 2016

If you are looking for bake sale, cake mix treats, don't bother. The cupcakes are made from scratch and there is a wide variety of flavors in the cupcakes and the frostings. They are beautifully decorated and have been served at numerous local weddings and events. The owners are generous and participate and contribute to many local celebrations.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

We got a mix of several types of cupcakes for my daughters birthday. Red velvet was my favorite, the cake was moist, icing was delicious. My husband likes the peanut butter cupcake.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank gaweekendwarrior
Reviewed October 31, 2015

Yes, I think so! It really is pretty ridiculous and I think you just have to consider you are paying for.

They are "cute," but the taste and size does not justify the price. I really thought they would be substantially larger when I saw how much I paid for them! Nontheless, I am not sure they tasted good enough to eat more.

Date of visit: September 2015