“Sunday best day to visit! ”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #217 of 313 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

For our large party we tend to frequently stop at Golden Corral. This location Saturday was not good for breakfast. Today for Sunday lunch was much much better! Great meat selections. Steaks cooked fairly well from the grill. Decent for our vegetarian and kids also. Good value for our large party to please everyone.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Raw pork chop, watched cook wipe his nose on hands many times! Many food items were out or just looked dry/over cooked. Talked to management and he just did not seem to care! Will never eat here again!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

My husband and I eat every Thanksgiving here since it's just the two of us. All the dishes are tasty with the widest variety around. It can be a bit noisy, though, so I wouldn't recommend for a date. Consistently good food.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

We were in town visiting family and wanted somewhere that everyone could find something to eat so we went with Golden Corral. We were having breakfast before heading home and I had never had breakfast at a Golden Corral. I had the Sausage Gravy over Biscuits, Hasbrowns and Scrambled Eggs. I have zero complaints about my meal. Our server was excellent and very attentive. Everyone left full. We are thankful for such a great experience.Now we want to try our local Golden Corral for breakfast too!

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Good - excellent baked fish and very good tartar sauce to go with it, excellent pot roast, good choices of things to make a salad, good soups, excellent mint chocolate chip ice cream. The service from the waitress was very attentive

Bad - freezing cold (I always bring a sweat shirt along but I was still too chilled to enjoy the meal.) mentioned it to several staff and no one apologized or offered to try and get it adjusted. We left quickly and stood and chatted out in the parking lot to get warmed up. The steaks were overcooked - the medium rare and little pink to be seen. Servers behind the different bars difficult to get their attention to get something (like the scooped ice cream). Many items on the bars are not labelled and can only guess what they are - or others things are obviously mis-labeled.
If you have a nut allergy (like my grandson) there are many things with nuts and the gummi bears were next to the container of nuts and had nuts all over them. On the dessert bar she was sprinkling the cheesecake - which was good by itself - with more nuts.
Since it is on the far side of town we don't go here very often, and the inconsistent experience would not encourage me to make the extra effort to drive across town.