“Awesome appetizer, wonderful sandwiches”

Primanti Bros. (Morgantown)
Ranked #44 of 337 Restaurants in Morgantown
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Reviewed September 24, 2018

We've been wanting to try Primanti Bros. ever since we saw a story about this establishment on a travel show. Not disappointed! I had a new item on the menu, the Loaded Cheesesteak Bomb. Awesome. I live outside Philadelphia and this sandwich was so much better than what you get at Geno's and Pat's. Don't misunderstand both are good but Primanti takes it to another level. Best meat and roll I have ever had on a cheesesteak. Try it you'll love it!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

If the sandwiches aren't your thing, don't worry. There are plenty of great offerings on the menu. The Family Feast nights (Tues/Thurs) are hard to beat. An extra large pie, pitcher of drink, and a huge bowl of salad to share are about $16. Can't beat that if you're not in the mood to cook and have hungry kiddos. Wings are big and good. Awesome place to watch the game!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

As Pittsburgh fans, we have been looking forward to trying the Primanti's in Morgantown since we decided to visit the WVU campus. We were not disappointed. The sandwiches were huge and delicious -- could not finish them and had to take the leftovers home. The staff was friendly, talkative, and attentive.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

The food at Primanti’s is very consistent and good. I really like the turkey sandwich! They have by far the best coleslaw I’ve ever had. The fries are cooked perfectly. We also like the margherita flatbread and the tots! Basically, anything we’ve ordered has been awesome!

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

This place was a reliable mainstay for a while, even with occasionally more hiccups than your average bar. They have some excellent people, and a couple who may not be long for the business. Some policies are apparently good (happy hour), but others undermine the experience bigtime. If you visit, ask yourself if the drought beers taste like they should (we cannot observe what the line-cleaning policy is, but we can taste it). I hope they have fixed that, but I switched to whiskey to avoid that problem after giving it some time, yet still tasting off weeks later. But the Johnny Black, on last two attempts, tasted as if it had... turned? Johnny Black doesn’t turn, but a spent bottle can indeed be filled or cut with something inferior (I don’t think management would do this here, but they can’t observe everything).

While they carry some good stuff like Woodford and Bulleit Rye, you may eventually discover that their official “house” pour may not be the American (jigger) standard 1.5 ounces on a single (before any ice/water, basic), but a short non-standard (pony) pour of 1 ounce (even as they may have served you nearly 1.5 ounce pours for most of your visits), something they should state up front, but don’t. A bar can have a house pour that’s more generous than the standard American jigger (1.5 ounces) as at least one bar does in town, but if it’s less, it’s on them to be up front about it, else look like they’re pulling a fast one, be it concealed by water or varying glass width (perhaps out of possible shame, some bartenders may have been pouring a bit more, and good for them).

If you become a regular, and tip in the (above-custom) 20 percent vicinity (or more), you might find yourself taken for granted by at least one bartender: no more “thank you,” officious tone (as if you work for them), and casually ignoring your interest in a second round while they horse around with friends near last call or closing time; I eventually received my next round, but there was no good reason to wait around for it except that I had reading to do. Most all other bartenders here are solid, professional, and thankfully not officious, but one was enough for me to set this place aside for awhile. I am not asking for much, but feels like I’m imposing a lot by expecting basics to line up semi-consistently (like clean/bussed bar-tops). I want to pay full price every time, and get what I’m paying (and tipping) for, with no smoke and mirrors on something as simple as serving measurement standards (can just charge 50 percent more to ensure a proper pour, but: that pour isn’t special, the policy is special and strange/wrong: it’s on the house to play it straight, not have customers figure out that they have to order 50 percent more to get a baseline standard drink; it’s not our job to adjust to an aardvark policy if we don’t have to, and we definitely don’t have to go there).