“Great Service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The rooms are nice, the view if on the right side gorgeous. And the staff was extremely helpful. They went above and aboard. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Brian N

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I want to thank Tina for going out of her way to help us get a package to my son. She was very personable and caring in our stay at the hotel. A very valuable employee Thanks again, Tina!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rksouth
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I just want to say, I hate writing this review. Why, you ask? Because I may very well give away one of the best values and nicest hotel locations in Morgantown, WV. Frankly, I want to make sure they have room for me whenever I venture out that way! I've had a daughter in school at WVU for a few years, giving me the opportunity to stay at various hotels in the area. Last year, I was stranded in Morgantown due to weather (Jan. 2011). The staff at the Microtel was amazingly accomodating and flexible. They became my favorite hotel right then and there. Since that visit, I have stayed at the Microtel a few additional times. It's nice to see the familiar faces and terrific staff still there. Erica is one of those friendly faces, always helpful and ready to assist. The rooms are clean and remind me of a "mini-Marriott." Comfortable beds, a nice executive work area, flat panel TVs and SOFT pillows. Bathrooms are large with room to move around without the door hitting you...well, you get the picture. The breakfast is free, with a variety of cereals, biscuits, gravy, yogurt and waffles and french toast (I believe). The lobby area invites visitors to stay and hang out with comfy furniture, while watching one of the WVU sports on the TV. There's also an internet computer for visitors to use and from which to print directions, boarding passes or whatever else one might need. Just a 8-10 minute drive to the Ruby Memorial Hospital (or stadium, if you're heading that way), close to many different activities and restaurants, the Microtel is an outstanding hotel to visit next time in Morgantown.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice and clean. No suggestions.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We were looking for a place that would provide a comfortable,quiet night stay before my wife's surgery.After reading reviews we chose Microtel Inns & Suites of Lawless Road,Morgantown WV.It is conveniently located only 15 minutes from Ruby Memorial,also near malls & restaurants.The rooms were extremely clean and practical.The management & staff were very inviting,accommodating & helpful.The beds were soooo comfortable,The continental breakfast was more than expected (loved the biscuit & gravy).The only suggestion we might have is to add instant oatmeal packets.The fresh fruit & coffee 24/7 is an added bonus.We benefited from coupons we found in Room Saver booklets (at travel plazas), or Room Saver.com.Since our first trip we have stayed two more times and was treated the same great way every time.

Thanks again for a pleasant stay,
Richard & Linda

Room Tip: The view on the front side is the best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Found the Microtel Inn in the traveler's coupon book. I had a rate of $59/night in Room 121. The hotel is easy to find just off the exit and up the hill. There is plenty of parking and access in and out is easy. It is convenient to several fast food and chain restaurants. I would not have usually stayed in this hotel chain though was surprised it was as nice as it is.The desk clerk was friendly and welcoming. He pointed me to a very high end steak place for dinner where steak entres started at $20+. Drive north to the next exit and get the chain restaurant steak places for less. The hotels are a step up with a larger variety of better restaurants also.

The room was simple. Double queen beds, wall mounted night table between. A refrigerator, microwave, coffee set were in the room. Flat panel TV with numerous cable channels. Free WiFi access. Window seat with cushion and pill back rest. The wall behind the bed is covered in blue tinted mirrors. My first impression - great place to bring your 'date' for an evening of intimate frolicking! - There, I said it.

Continental Breakfast included cereals, bagels, pastry, biscuit, gravy, juices, coffee. I'm a coffee snob yet the drip coffee made here was very good. Not the usual burnt flavor. Good job staff!

Upon check-in, read the paperwork you sign. There is a fee+tax charge for the "safe use". Have it taken off your bill when you check out.

Images on the Microtel website are fairly accurate with minor differences.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the front.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed here while in Morgantown for the Mountaineer Kennel Club's dog agility trial. With the exception of one employee at check-in, everyone was very friendly and professional. There was a slight problem at check-in with us not getting the room we were told we would have (an end room, convenient for dog pottying) but we did get a room that wasn't far from an exit door. The staff were very apologetic for the mix-up. The room was immaculately clean. The location is convenient to I-79.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here in September for a football game. We booked the room months before for a reasonable price. When we checked in, front desk clerk tried to increase the nightly rate by $100, we said NO!, we showed him our reservation details. He continued and we said NO!
Finally, he agreed and we signed for the original rate and went to our room.
Room and stay was OK.
Then, I receive the credit card bill and it contains 2 charges for the same day--the original nightly rate and then a second charge for just over $100.
Please do not stay here. I have contacted the credit card company.
You do not need the hassle.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
MicrotelMorgantown, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2011

Thank you for your review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I have read this review and would like to let you know that there was a problem with the computer system at the hotel and that was the reason for the mischarge. There was absolutely no intent or maliciousness to defraud you or any guest that stays with us. I have, since reading this review, corrected the over charge and emailed you a copy of the receipt showing the credit back to your credit card. I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused, however the hotel nor anyone under its employ knowingly over charged you for your stay. I do hope that you give us another chance to show that this is not the norm by any stretch of the imagination, and let us show that we only provide the highest in guest satisfaction.