“DIRTY” 1 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“DIRTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

It's dirty. There just don't seem to be much care in the surrounding area where it is located.

1 Thank Charlotte H

Mississauga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

The inviroment was peaceful & out of this world.
The drive was supperb. Nature to it's fullest.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Ian M
Columbus, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“very peaceful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I visited this temple because of its location, on the top of hills, overlooking hills of WV. I am not deeply religious but the place sure evokes a lot of serenity and spirituality. There is also a palace which provides a lot of information about the ISKCON movement for those who want to learn about this culture. Awesome views and very calming, you can see peacocks and cows walking on the roads, which is what was described as what village of Vrindavan looked in old times in India. Visit the place to know what I am talking about.

4 Thank R V
Cranberry, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love the whole thing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Me and my friends went, and yes, windy and way out there in the country, it is great to visit. The Palace is wonderful, places to meditate, and the Temple was beautiful. I wanna go again. The roses just started to bloom, so we wanna see it in full glory!

2 Thank KaliKare
USA
210 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Strangely intriguing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

The idea of this huge Hare Krishna palace in the middle of Nowhere, West Virginia is bizarre, and yet it is a very enjoyable day. Getting there is half the fun, the roads twist and turn. My GPS had no clue where we were going, but I had googled directions that got us there (we came from the south on tiny roads).

The palace needs some work; it appears the number of devotees is somewhat diminished from the past and just not enough hands to do the work. Still the temple is lovely and peaceful. Our tour guide wasn't very personable, but did give us an adequate tour. The rose garden wasn't in bloom, I can see how lovely it will be in a few weeks.

The small temple at the bottom of the hill is very beautiful and well maintained, the lodging not so much. We were there on a Sunday and there were a lot of people there for the services and "love feast" - a free meal which we were kindly invited in partake of along with the members.

As I have always found with the Hare Krishnas, everyone was kind, soft spoken, gentle, willing to discuss their beliefs and genuinely welcoming. We had a very nice time.

Afterwards we headed into Moundsville to check out the Indian mound it is named for and look at the old penitentiary. Then up to Wheeling to check out Cabela's outdoor store. A fun day worth a Sunday or weekend country drive.

3 Thank BeckAndGunny

Been to Palace of Gold? Share your experiences!