Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotelUS$69
Expedia.comUS$69
CheapTicketsUS$69
TravelocityUS$69
Orbitz.comUS$69
TripadvisorUS$69
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2020 via mobile

It's rare that I give a negative review but in this case it's needed to inform others about condition of the mountaineer inn. It was a last minute visit to a college near by.
Interior is old, and very outdated. View out the window was a storage container. The bathroom had mold in the shower, a washcloth left on shower head (guess the cleaning people didn't look up). Hair dryer was yellowed with age. The room key is an actual key, not a card like most hotels. The TV was analog and got many 5 channels that came in. I booked it here because it was close to the school we were visiting. I found out later that there are much nicer hotels for same price or lower in nearby towns 20 min from Phillipi.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DCfromCT
Reviewed October 5, 2020

I have to say that at first by the way the windows looked with the curtains on some of them hanging down and shabby and looked as if they needed a good cleaning, we did not know what to expect. when entering, we were quite impressed on how clean, bright and how fresh it smelled. when entering our room, again we were taken by surprise. It was beautiful to say the least. The only complaint that we have and hope that you take this advice is to get good comforters for the beds. the pillows are wonderful but the bedding is horrible. It's very rough and makes you itch. Even though there is a top sheet? It doesn't matter, what is on ruins the whole stay. At least for us it did. If you're going to have such a great room, why put such horrible bedding on it? this was our only complaint. thank you

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Stay at this Hotel do to the location to the fairgrounds. Was greeted when I came in, given directions to my room, restaurant, and fairgrounds. Room was clean. King size bed was comfortable. Flat screen tv, fridge,and microwave. Slept the whole night without anything waking me up.
Had a great breakfast at the restaurant on property. Then drove down to the fairgrounds.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2018

I stayed here recently while in the area for a funeral. The hotel was clean, with a comfortable bed. But for $60 a night that's all I'm expecting, I don't expect soft towels or shampoo and conditioner, it's a basic lodge and for that they do a good job. If you expect the Ritz for $60 a night you'll be very disappointed.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2018

After traveling the world, not sure what to expect here, I had driven my Mom up for her 65th HS Reunion and it's really the only motel in town.
I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was a breeze, really nice ladies at front desk, gave me a real key to use, had not seen one of those in a while : ) . I had a great room on 2nd flow (214) overlooking the woods in the back. Very very clean, neat and comfortable. Great shower was hot and good pressure. Towels could use some updating, but no big deal. Coffee in lobby was really good, and the restaurant in same parking area was decent.
A really solid visit, if you're not expecting the Ritz, it's fine for a few nights.

Date of stay: August 2018