“Loved Snowcrest”
Review of Snowcrest Condos

Snowcrest Condos
Reviewed 24 January 2009

Recently went to Snowshoe- slope conditions were perfect! We stayed @ Snowcrest condominiums- near Soaring Eagle Lift- the condo was great for 2 people- very cozy with a stone fireplace,beautiful mountain views with a balcony. The place is very well run with a friendly on-site manager. Would prefer staying here than in the Village which can get noisy.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank skibumOhio

Reviewed 8 January 2006

My husband and I have gone on road trips across the country and back. I'm actually not that picky, but I had to post this on travel advisor after all the money we spent. My last time staying at snowshoe was well over 10 years ago. My husband and I opted to bypass Winterplace skiing and stay at the Snowcrest condos in the Snowshoe resort area. We usually take one big ski trip a year on the east coast. Now, I think we will save money and go west again! The prices were hard to swallow when we booked our trip to Snowshoe, but we thought it would be worth it. Boy, we were wrong! Save your money folks. I agree with other write ups on customer service. The staff sit around and talk to each other without helping and making you feel like a "bother". The expert rental ski shop in the Top of the World mountain is a perfect example as we waited 10 minutes to even be recognized by the staff as we stood there and watched them chit chat to be told we were in the wrong rental shop. Our biggest complaint was that a lot of the staff was from S. America or from rural areas (which is fine-no bias on my end), but didn't have the English skills to be working in the areas they were working in. Our reservationist down to the a food server who didn't understand the word "steak" (and then picked her nose after we left and she was the one who served us food!) it was just unbelieveable. We had a parking guy trying to help us catch the correct shuttle as he spit out his chewing tobacco and made no sense to about 10 of us who were all tourists. He kept raising his voice like we were crazy the more questions we asked. The maps were poorly drawn and I'm sure he was frustrated as he probably encounters this every day. We encountered many a tourist who agreed with us that the maps and shuttle pick up points (times not listed) on the map were not user friendly. Two of the staff members actually gave me the wrong info about where my hotel was on the map. The reservationist had to ask someone since she was clueless. The indoor/outdoor pool is really a neat feature in the winter, but for all the problems and high prices I'd just rather go somewhere with a jacuzzi and save money. The condo had several jaccuzis in the middle, which was cool, but the music inside this area could be heard all the way to my door it was so loud. Luckily it snowed for us the whole time and we skiied a lot, but we still encountered some ice off and on while skiing (not snowshoes fault-mainly mother nature!). Snowblowing is aggrevating on some of the slopes as is so loud and blows in your face (again, more reason to go out west!). As far as accomodations they were nice, but everyone was looking for a lighter for their wood (which you think they could at least provide some matches since they provide firewood at no cost!). The reception on the TV was a joke. Most channels were fuzzy. The elevators smelled so bad we think someone actually sprayed cologne in it to cover the smell over and it was falling apart on the inside (not something you want to see). I was surprised they expect you to take out the trash when you leave and do the dishes. Didn't I pay a huge amount for your housekeeping staff to do this? And, where is the garbage area anyhow? We never found it! My husband and I agreed that they must not have a very good training program for the people who come in. They need new maps that are more detailed and user friendly where they actually show each hotel and restaurant and shuttle pick up in an easier way. They need to have a test to see if certain people can speak English before throwing them behind a counter to check people in. From what I understand the company mainly owns all the accomodations on the mountain. Too bad. Wish I had a rich friend who could build a more affordable and better run place up there. They need to study Disney's customer training program! When I checked out a man was furious that he had been overcharged and demanded to talk to a manager as he had tried to clear it up over and over again with no avail. Seeing this and experiencing all we did combined with an steep price, well...
My money is going somewhere else on next years ski trip! Maybe yours should too.
PS Check out Winterplace for a more affordable trip. We know from experience.

• Stayed: January 2006