Mountain State Brewing Co.
Open today: 6:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Review Highlights
Nice place for a couple of drinks

It looks closed from the front, but go around back. My wife and I visited over Memorial Day... read more

Reviewed June 4, 2017
Chris M
Pennsylvania, USA
Mountain State Hospitality at the Brewery

First time in area, arrived later in evening, close to closing time; the 3 of us loved the brewery... read more

Reviewed July 9, 2018
terrymR3609FK
Toledo

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Every summer for nearly 30 years, our large group of wvu friends who now live all over the country returns to wv to visit for a long weekend. While many traditions have been established on this annual trip, one for a few of us is to visit Mountain State Brewery on a warm afternoon. The garage doors are rolled up, the breeze is blowing through, and staff even remembers us year to year. There's usually a musician on the small stage which adds even more "cool" to our day. The beer is very good. Cold Trail Ale has been one of my favorites for years and it tastes especially great when sipped from a small mason jar as it is served here. Speaking of traditions, we brought our kids when they were little and they loved just hanging out and playing foosball there. Most of them now are over 21 and have joined in the beer drinking themselves. Mountain State Brewery is a family affair and we will always go back. I'd give it ten stars if I could.

4  Thank ZippyZZZ
Reviewed October 17, 2016

We really wanted this place to be great. We love local and craft breweries, so we went in ready for some good WV beer action. The tasting room is very rustic and small, almost like a dive bar, but that's totally fine. The brewery was also in the middle of a major expansion when we were there. The staff was great, but unfortunately we found all the beers boring and lacking in character. We tried everything on tap and left a bit disappointed. I personally think there are better brewery options in the area, but if you love beer, it's worth a visit. We could always be wrong! We'd try it again on our return regardless.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Great beers and love the atmosphere. Make sure you check their hours before you stop in, because they are not open every day.

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

Difficult to find, though right of the highway. It is a classic microbrewery with a little chaos going on. The bar is tight but cozy. There is a back room where a band was setting up to play. It appears they are still kind of figuring out how they want to set up, or they never quite finished. Adds to the ambience. You come here for their beers, which only makes sense to me. Why would you drive here for a Miller Lite or Sierra Nevada when you can get those anywhere. A unique place that won't disappoint.

Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

There was no food at this location but the bar tender said they are considering offering sandwiches soon. They offer 4 of their beers (all of which I'd had before, none of which are terribly interesting) and a full bar with liquor. I wish they'd sell some small batch beers here to encourage visitors. The atmosphere of the bar is kind of cool. Very casual. Feels like a man cave. Seating at the bar is on saw horses so that becomes uncomfortable quickly. Probably not a brewery I'd visit again unless they offer special events or something.