All reviews front desk tim hortons great place to stay newer hotel recommend this hotel comfortable beds would stay again breakfast was excellent easy access wonderful hotel checking out walk in shower indoor pool morning breakfast gas station very nice stay road trip
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Nice room size, micro and fridge in room. Good water pressure in shower. Fitness facility is very basic.... could use an upgrade of cardio equip. Breakfast quality and selection was extremely basic - but if you wanted breakfast - it was available. They should add hot chocolate to their beverage selection.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
AbbyHaught, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Thank you so much for the review! We look for useful feedback like yours in order to improve our hotel for future guests! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and your comments will be shared with our staff here! We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2017

Well, not as far off track as you might think, reading my title. It's right off I-79, at an exit. "Town" was maybe all of 5 or 10 minutes away by car. Forget about it on foot, though.

The hotel was west of the freeway in a new complex called, I think, Gateway Center. How new? It's still under construction, that's how new. When I was there, the view from the front of the hotel was a wide open, graded area with some concrete block walls going up in it and some construction vehicles scattered about. Behind the hotel was a sheer rise to the next level of the complex. But an old access road climbs it, and that's how my dog and I got to see three deer feeding in some woods near the top... until they saw (heard?) the dog and they went bounding into the woods. Yeah, there's still woods around the place, too.

Anyway, the hotel itself is spic and span. Everything's new. As a La Quinta Rewards member, I try to stay in LaQuintas when they're available, and when I stayed in M'town in Nov., didn't know that this one existed. It wasn't listed where I looked. Somehow, I learned about it between Nov. and Dec., when I passed through town again. Glad I did.

Room was clean and huge. It had the amenities I like in a hotel room (comfortable bed, a desk, wi fi, shelf space, room to spread out, TV with "enough" channel options, etc.), and not only had a breakfast area, workout room, and office center, but an indoor pool. Staff service was not only good, but excellent.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
James F, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

HughMcAloon - Thank you for providing feedback from your most recent experience with us at La Quinta. We especially appreciate your mention of the many amenities we offer and complimenting our staff. We hope your future travels will bring back to Morgantown in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2017

Arrived here on our way to Florida. Had no idea this hotel was new!
Beautiful rooms, very clean. Internet works great. Also has indoor heated pool (which I love) but I'm too tired to night to use it.Best La quinta I've ever stayed in!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you, Michael, for letting us know how we are doing. La Quinta is relatively new to the northern WV area, and we are happy to see feedback from our guests have been positive. We hope the next time you're in Morgantown, you stop back in and get a chance to try our indoor heated pool!

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

Our daughter goes to WVU and this is our second time staying here. Love it! Staff so friendly! Warm welcome, nice free breakfast, nice pool and weight room, rooms are clean and comfortable. Shout outs to Shawnee,Dillion,Chris,Carla and Erica (just a few of the staff we met and were helpful and courteous )
They treat you like family. Great location. Minutes from WVU, mall, restaurants, and fuel.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jordan S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Lynn W - Thank you for staying with us while visiting West Virginia University! We are so glad to hear that our staff provided you with a great experience! I will pass along the nice comments to each employee that you mentioned. All of us here at LaQuinta hope to see you again on your next visit!

Reviewed December 19, 2016

The staff were super friendly and check in was fast. Rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable. The hotel is right off I79 and is a fairly new build. Some other new construction in the area but that did not hamper the service or access to the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Catherine D - We appreciate your review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us! We are a newly built hotel, just over one year old! I hope you got a chance to take a dip in our indoor heated pool while here! I hope you choose us for your next trip through the Morgantown area!