The Greenbrier
US$121
US$107
US$80
2,748 results
All reviewsbunker tourthe main dining roomafternoon teadorothy draperdress codeprime westjerry westbucket listchampagne toastgolf coursesouthern charmhorseback ridinghistoric preservationturn down servicegolf clubcarriage ridewalk in closet
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The salmon BLT was amazing. They also had exceptional sweet potato fries.

1  Thank BeachLoversLane
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Greenbrier. The first night we didn't sleep very well. The first reason was the mattress was so lumpy and uncomfortable that I couldn't wait to get out of bed in the morning. Also, the train whistle blew throughout the entire night right outside our window. The second night I decided to use earplugs to try and help block the train whistle. Unfortunately, it was a Friday night and for some reason a large number of children and teens had checked in with their families. We literally had people running up and down the hallways, calling to each other and banging doors until 3am. A little after 2am we had someone start rattling our doorknob trying to get in the room. They stopped after a few attempts but then came back about 10 minutes later...right after we had started to doze off again. My husband had to get up and tell them to go away because that they had the wrong room. It was a young teen who obviously didn't remember their room number. Where were the parents at 2 am??? Considering the room was a couple hundred dollars a night, we were shocked that we felt like we were sleeping at a cheap rundown motel. We even checked out several hours early Saturday morning because we were so tired that we just wanted to get home.

On a positive note, the spa was AMAZING!!! I've been to several spas around the world and this was by far the best. Both my hot stone massage and facial were worth every single penny.

The food was also very good. We enjoyed our dinner at the Prime 44 West steakhouse the most. Everything was superb and the service was excellent. I highly recommend the Salmon BLT at Drapers. It was one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten.

The Bunker Tour was interesting, but a little pricey for what you get to see. Of course, the entire Hotel is pricey. The property is very ornate and lovely. If it hadn't been for the lack of sleep, we would have had a thoroughly enjoyable time and would want to go back. Unfortunately, we have no desire to return and spend the night.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front left side as you face the main entrance. The train whistle was exceptionally loud. I would recommend a room on the back side if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeachLoversLane
Reviewed April 25, 2012

It was easy to discuss my food allergies with the staff and they did a good job of handling it. As usual, more choices would be nice, but overall it was good. We did have to eat dinner here 2 nights in a row because so many of the Greenbrier restaurants were closed.

1  Thank CynVA
Reviewed April 25, 2012

It would have been nice to know that most of the restaurants were closed when we were booking the trip. Our room was much smaller than our first visit, but still nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CynVA
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My bestie and I went for a girl's weekend 4/20/2012. Her husband actually bought the spa weekend for her 40th birthday. I had never been there but it was spectacular. I loved every second there. The staff is wonderful. We had the Greenbrier spa package, Marcia did my mani and pedi, she was awesome. Holli did my spa treatment, she was awesome.
The food was great, the casino was fun, the resort is just a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends