“Nice and clean and a friendly staff”

Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Nice and clean and a friendly staff”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Hotel is easy to get to - about 10 minutes or so to 'the Dells', was very clean and in good repair. Staff was helpful and friendly and the 'continental breakfast' was very good for a continental style breakfast. There was a waffle maker plus a couple pans of hot scrambled eggs along with the usual cereals, bagels and yogurts. The ladies working the room were extremely attentive and helpful and kept plenty of food available. We stayed in a two room suite which although nice and clean, had a very awkward and inconvenient room layout. If I stay here again I would get two seperate (adjoining) rooms rather than their suite. The only bad experience at this hotel was Saturday night dinner. Their restaurant leaves a lot to be desired in quality and quantity of food and the service was mediocre at best. With all the good restaurants around the Dells I suggest you 'go out' to eat.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank makwa55
markhotelmanager, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Thank you very for taking the time to give Trip Advisor all your comments from our hotel. Weappreciate this very much. I have passed on to my desk clerks the nice comments that were made. Hope you come again Watch on us Facebook for special we have to offer
Mark Horenberger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Clarion Hotel in Baraboo, Wisconsin is just down Route 12 from the Wisconsin Dells strip with the waterparks and attractions and overall craziness. I was welcomed at the front desk and they had my room ready when I came at about 1:45 pm. The front desk clerk told me that I would be best to park close to door 1 as my room was closer to there. I mentioned that I had come up to go the next day to the casino up the road and she said to call down before I was ready to go and instead of driving, they could have the casino shuttle come and get me, also at door 1.

The room was clean and cared for. Each night, mints were left for me by the maids along with a welcoming note. The room, with two double beds was good size and included a flat-screen TV, while the bathroom was small. The tub/shower and toilet were in a separate room (I was not able to close the door while I was in there except if I was in the tub) while the sink vanity was in the hallway by the door with a mounted hair dryer. Everything seemed in good shape and worked fine in the room.

The hotel has a restaurant/bar that served lunch and dinner. The 2 meals I had there were delicious. They had specials available including a happy hour with half price appetizers Sunday thru Thursday. The Wisconsin staples of a Friday night fish fry and Saturday night Prime Rib were also available. There was an apparently seasonal Smelt Fry platter available as well (which I passed on). It appeared that besides hotel guests, locals frequented the restaurant, which is always a good sign for a hotel restaurant. The room rate included a continental breakfast, in a section of the main dining room each morning. It included hot items including eggs (good despite probably powdered), sausage links and the make-your-own waffle.

I had a very nice stay here at the Clarion Baraboo, and would definitely stay here again if I'm up in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank cubfan63
markhotelmanager, General Manager at Clarion Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our hotel. We appreciate it very much. I would personally invite you and all travelers to the Baraboo/Wisconsin Dells area to visit our hotel in the future. Sincerely, Mark Horenberger
Ingleside, IL
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Well after traveling up to Wisconsin Dells for over 15 years, who would of known that we had missed out on a WONDERFUL hotel, The Clarion Hotel in Baraboo, Wisconsin! The front desk staff "Jason" was able to fit us in even after I called their Reservation Hotline and they told me they were all filled with no availability. I TRULY appreciate all that he did especially since this trip was a last minute surprise from my husband. Our room had double queen beds, a desk and chair/ottoman with room to spare. The quality/comfort of the bed rated up to the quality of a Premium Hilton Hotel. Now for their restaurant Glacier Rock......... FABULOUS and GREAT prices!!! The location of this establishment couldn't be better! You have a casino only 10 minutes away and a free zoo open all year long only 5 minutes away. We have now found our new favorite place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
markhotelmanager, Manager at Clarion Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear T Seizer,

We are so glad that you finally found us .We hope to see again coming to Wisconsin Dells, Area. Next time you come please ask us about Coupons for Passport to Savings from the Wisconsin Dells, Wisocnsin. If you didn't notice while you were here Glacier Rock offers 25 cent wings every Wednesday Night. Hope to see you soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great price ($71 a night) for a hotel that was clean, comfortable, and located in a convenient place (20 or so minutes from Devil's Head). The room had a great shower and rooms with 2 double size beds and flat screen tv.

The hotel also has a very good restaurant, probably the best in the surroundings. On top of that there is a indoor swimming pool, treadmills and others.

The only negative aspect was that the guy at the frontdesk wasn't really kind and welcoming.

I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Racine, WI
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the Clarion Hotel in Baraboo WI Saturday February 18th. We went up with Friends to Gamble at Ho-Chuck Casino. The Clarion has a restaurant attached which looked very nice. We did not eat so I cannot comment about the food. They have a pool, exersice room, and conference center. There is a bar/restaurant next door called Chasers. We found the food good and bartender friendly.

The nice thing about the Clarion is the shuttle that runs back and forth from the Casino. The wait was not more than 5-10 minutes each time. The front desk staff was friendly and informative. The rooms were big and clean. Decor was somewhat dated but certainly not bad. I'd recommend this hotel for weekend of Gambling or just to get away with the kids.

Room Tip: Pool is on the 4th floor so if you intend to make use request an upper level floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Good Day Mikenlisa2,
We are so glad that you had a wonderful weeknd at the Casino. I am so glad that my front desk staff was very helpful to you. Come and visit us again and have fun at the Casino. Ask us about the Passport to Saving coupons we offer. See you soon .

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed here in June 2011 at the beginning of the summer season. It was a little busy as could be expected. The room I had was a little on the small side then.
We stayed here 2-4-2012 and got a 2 room suite with a hot tub for the same price as the room we had in June. So much bigger and better. 2 TVs refrig, micro and coffee maker. Sofa in the bedroom and room was huge. The staff (Jason and Steffani were wonderful) was very helpful with the area attractions and room info. Kudos to the Clarion for having such great people to work for them. I usually (21Xs) stay at the Best Western in the Dells, and really like their hotel, but for the cost this was better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2012

A friend and I and five kids booked two rooms for an evening to take the kids skiing the next day. For what we paid, I wasn't expecting very much. We asked for adjoining rooms and that was granted. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel actually. The rooms weren't large, but were clean and updated, with comfortable beds and pillows. There was only one employee there that night, but he was as calm and collected as couldd be, and helped us, (we needed more towels and lights at pool to go on). The pool was a fine size and the kids enjoyed it. The onsite restaurant was a plus also. The breakfast was typical, cereal and the waffle maker, only thing I would suggest is real coffee cups and larger than dixie cups for juice and milk. Cascade ski area was about a 15-20 minute ride away, so it was overall a great little trip. It was a good experience and would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Call and talk to someone, they were helpful
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
0.2 km away
Best Western Baraboo Inn
5.8 km away
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
16.4 km away
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#5 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
14.1 km away
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#17 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
13.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
13.1 km away
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac

Been to Clarion Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!