All reviews park plaza room was clean hot tub hot breakfast pool area the breakfast area yogurt ho chunk casino front desk clerk restaurant bar circus world museum wi dells wisconsin
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We were only in town one night but the beds were comfy and the room was clean. Shower was hot with a nice spray. There’s a restaurant attached that had a lively crowd/bar scene. We travel with our dogs frequenters so we were happy to find a pet friendly hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2018

This is based on a recent review in which I cancelled due to weather, but my daughter and her husband proceeded with their Labor Day reservations there. L uckily my son in law and daughter called to let me know how filthy the room was when they arrived. Upon notifying management and having someone sent up to the room, who did not seem to be that interested, they decided to check out. When they spoke to the person at the desk to check out they received nothing but a poor attitude. This particular hotel has been my go to place in Baraboo, but I will consider the Best Western across the street which has totally renovated the rooms and my daughter was very happy with.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere until they improve
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Baraboo, WI may have a wonderful Circus World Museum, International Crane Foundation and may be close to Spring Green, home of the American Players Theater, but hotels are miserably lacking. Even at the higher end of mid-range pricing, the Clarion Hotel and Convention Center was from a bygone era. The entire hotel needs an update. Hallways were dark; carpet was worn, even the staff looked worn! Beds were comfortable and room was clean, but nothing exceptional. I have yet to be in a hotel where the breakfast room felt like you were in a hot attic. The very low ceiling, sweaty staff and no fan on a high-humidity day, almost brought me to my knees -- until I saw patrons walking barefoot on the carpet. In a breakfast room? Where's the cleanliness in that? Staff looked really "put out" -- we were interrupted in our room, just across the hall from the hotel's laundry facility where all the staff gathers, to ask for our dirty towels -- never mind the fact that we were still using the bathroom.

Baraboo, if you want us back, you've got to do better than this!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not across from the hotel's main laundry facility.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a 2.5 to 3 rating. The bathroom is small and could be updated. The beds were ok at best. There was a dorm size refrigerator. Air conditioner worked well.

The breakfast is located on the fifth floor. Very warm in the hallway so we opted not to sit and sweat while we ate. I’m sure the breakfast was fine.

Check in was efficient. Overall, this is not where I would have picked to stay but it did the job.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The hotel was just "okay," but I would not stay there again. For one thing, I am a runner, and neither of the treadmills were working in the workout room, so I had to run outside. This is not what I want to do in unfamiliar territory. If a hotel offers workout equipment, they should make sure it's in working order. Also, the breakfast area, up on the 6th or 7th floor, is hot as an oven...terribly uncomfortable. The breakfast food is okay, but that's it. They did give us a discount on the room when we expressed our displeasure in the treadmills not working.

Room Tip: If you like to work out or swim, ask for a room near that area (provided everything is in working order.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple