Best Western Baraboo Inn(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
US$99
BestWestern.com
US$95
US$85
ClarionHotels
Ringling House Bed and Breakfast(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$255
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat parknature centernorth shorenice hiking trailscamp sites aredevil's lakefree wifihikemosquitoeswoodscampingprivacyfacilitiescampgroundtentwisconsin
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

All I can say is beautiful, we took in the hike and what a challenge but rewarding.The lake swimming just amazing. No matter where you looked this place is a must see and if you can more then once. Are hike was 3.5 hours of awesomeness. Kids 6yrs old amd 12yrs old. They were leading the way.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2017

This is a wonderful park -- a fantastic place for hiking, swimming, and so many other outdoor activities. We've been camping here several times, and have had a great experience each time. Just be warned that parking for the North Shore beach is limited, and fills up quickly on nice summer weekends.

For this trip, we were only staying one night, and opted to try one of the teepee tents, instead of bringing our own tent. When I called and spoke to someone at the park before making a reservation, they assured me that the description on the website (which says the teepees are not weatherproof) was inaccurate, and that the teepee was in fact fully weatherproof and fully enclosed/bug proof. Oops. Not quite.

Teepee pros: Not having to set up/take down a tent was great, particularly for such a short trip. The teepees are a bit away from the campground, so a little quieter and less traffic. Plenty of space for the kids to run around. The cots were comfortable enough. And, most importantly, the kids LOVED the novelty.

Cons: The teepee does have a bit of a old/musty feel too it. There is an opening at the top (theoretically, rain could get in, although not much) and about an inch or two of open air around the bottom. We had several ant visitors, and one toad. The "door" also doesn't close very well. For a buggy evening, I was concerned about bug bites in our sleep, but that turned out not to be a problem. It's also a bit of a longer walk to the restrooms/showers/water.

Overall, it was fun enough to try once, but I doubt I'd do it again. I will, however, be back to the park -- many, many times.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful beach which clear water, good sand. Had a very nice concession stand and rental options for paddle boats and canoes. It got busy later in the day so it was nice to go from 10-2 and leave when it was getting busy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Beautiful lake surrounded by rock formations. We planned to walk one of the many trails last Sunday early afternoon but after walking about 1/2 mile we decided we could not continue as we spent most of the time swatting mosquitos. I have lived in Wisconsin & have never seen mosquitos this large or dark - we could see them swarming by us many feet in front of us. I will be back but not at the end I'd April ever again, hopefully the bugs are better at other times.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2017

Camped at the state park for 4 days in late July. Clean beaches and facilities. Many hiking and climbing attractions on site and also within a 10 minute drive. Small dog beach available on site as well, so choose your end of the campground wisely if you need it! The gorgeous purple quartz rock is all over to be enjoyed. The huge fact that stood out for me, is that even though it is thick with trees and shade, we were never bitten once by a mosquito!!!! Bring plenty of fluids on your hikes, they can get intense and some are very lengthy. Most camp sites are quite private, which I appreciate. Great onsite store with apparel and necessities/food. We definitely plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family