Best Western Baraboo Inn(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$99
BestWestern.com
US$95
US$85
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$65
Ringling House Bed and Breakfast(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$255
US$99
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2015

On a last minute trip to the Dells in the middle of summer and just for a one night stay on a weekend....there weren't a lot of choices for places to stay at all. I didn't want to spend the big bucks for a room I was just going to be sleeping in for a few hours either. Came across this one and booked it, I was a little scared I will admit, some of the pics made the rooms to look like an old jail cell and considering I haven't stayed in a motel for many, many years....I was nervous. When I arrived the front desk gentleman was super sweet and nice. The place looked well kept up although dated which is fine. We received the keys and went to our room behind the main entrance. The room was clean and smelled fresh even considering at one time I am sure it was a smoking room it didn't even have that stale smell of smoke at all. Like I said it was dated with décor but honestly it was a bit refreshing to have the simple room. It did have a small fridge and microwave which was nice considering most major hotels don't provide that. Otherwise was the basic room with a TV and decent sized bathroom. For the money spent I would go back again! Was friendlier and cleaner than most major chains I have been to!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank alwayssunny08
Reviewed May 31, 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Spinning Wheel Motel for Memorial Day weekend while we went canoeing, hiked Devil's Lake State Park, and generally explored attractions in the area (distilleries, winery, etc.). We did not spend a ton of time at the motel since we were out doing other activities for the majority of the day. Because of this, a motel with the basic amenities was all we needed.

The couple running the hotel was nice and made sure we had everything we needed. The rooms themselves were nothing fancy but were clean. Our room had a microwave and mini fridge which was great for storing food and drink that we had brought with us.

The hotel location is along a main drag in Baraboo so it's nearby a lot of restaurant choices, most notably Jose's which, at the time of this writing, is the #1 rated restaurant in Baraboo.

Overall, the motel matched my expectations and was exactly the kind of place we were looking for for the holiday weekend. I'm planning a ladies trip later this summer to the area and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed January 7, 2015

I stayed in the Spinning Wheel Motel recently and I was very pleased by my stay. The staff was very polite. The front desk and the rooms were kept very clean and organized. Even the bathroom was spotless. The motel is close to a very nice Mexican restaurant and as well as the Cascade, a ski place. Overall, I am extremely satisfied by my experience and would definitely choose this motel again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Victor H
Reviewed January 6, 2015

I visited Wisconsin dells over Christmas and stayed at this motel, the place is well maintained and the owner/employers were very friendly. The motel location is great and is close to many Wisconsin dells attractions. I would definitely recommend this motel to friends and family, and would not hesitate to stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Not sure about any tips for a good room, but the owners were really friendly. If you have questions they would probably be happy to help.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2014

I wish I could say we're exaggerating or mistaken, but we caught one of the bugs and even have pictures. I also wish I could say we brought them from somewhere else, but my girlfriend reacts instantaneously to the bites and this was the only reaction she had in our 30 + days of travelling.

We found the bugs at night shortly after going to bed, called the front desk immediately and were offered another room without a fuss. In the morning we asked for some extra time before checkout to wash as much as we could and garbage bag the rest. At first the owners were very accommodating, even going so far as putting a few of our personal effects in the dryer to kill any bugs that may be hiding, but as the day drew on their tone changed, they got impatient, reminding us that checkout was at 10:00 and even raising their voices.

Normally I'm not one to sound alarms, but upon leaving the motel I couldn't help but notice that our first room, where we discovered the bed bugs, had been made up and was ready to rent, as if nothing had happened. Hopefully this review will serve as a warning. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Gill B
SpinningWheel, General Manager at Spinning Wheel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2015

We never had bed bugs in our Motel. We hire professional pest control services. I don't know how come you have this issue. We gave you another room and some more time to check out and still you are not satisfied.