“Worst experience ever”

Spinning Wheel Motel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I made a reservation for my husband at 9pm before doing this I talk to the owner. She told me the office closed at 10pm. My husband arrived at 9:10 and they wouldn't except his online purchase. The owners told him any online reservations had to be signed in by 19:00 (7:00pm). He then asked to pay for a room with cash since he just worked a 15 hour shift. He was told no and to leave. I called the lady I talk to earlier thinking there was a misunderstanding. There was no misunderstanding. I asked why she didn't tell me it was to late to do a online reservation. She yelled at me in another language and hung up.

Room Tip: Worst customer service ever
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I booked this hotel because it was cheap and in a good location and the reviews made it seem like an okay place to stay. The room had an awful smell to it. The door did not even fully seal. This place just did not give off a good vibe. We ended up checking out and not spending the night.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I have stayed here a couple of times. The rooms are clean and the owners were very helpful. Great location at an unbeatable price. I will definitely stay here again if I'm travelling in the Baraboo area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Room 32 is a mold festival. We were very disappointed. It was a death march. We woke up at around 1 am actually having trouble breathing! We were given another room (less moldy) but wondered why they did not give us a livable room since the place was empty. We later realized they may not want to clean the rooms they were saving for the weekend guests. The next morning we caught up on the sleep and cancelled the next evenings stay. After cancelling in the office, they (couple) arrived at our door pounding it like gangsters and yelling for us to leave. We recorded the incident and almost called the police. It was a strange, violent experience. The man appears very angry and unstable. We later learned that they are known in the area for being a horrible place to stay. Do not stay here...really. P.s. Kali dances throughout the place.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Convenient and clean! I don't think you need any more reasons to stay here, but I'll give you some. Only $55 for the night and the wifi worked perfectly even in the room. My nephew and I both agree that we were very lucky to find the Spinning Wheel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The Spinning Wheel has been a fixture in Baraboo for decades. Located on Route 33 as it passes through town, it affords convenient, affordable lodging with basic amenities for the budget traveler. Decorated as if from a time warp to the 1970's (complete with an analog TV), it nonetheless is clean and fully appointed. The mom and pop owners will do anything to please and are constantly available. Recommended.

Room Tip: Units in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Nice owners. Room appears to be newly remodeled, carpet, paint, even toilet is new. Microwave and mini fridge are handy to have in the room too. Great room for the price. Must stop by Joses Mexican restaurant next door, it is great. We are very glad we stayed here!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
3.3 km away
12.1 km away
Alakai Hotel and Suites
Alakai Hotel and Suites
#27 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Spinning Wheel Motel? Share your experiences!