“Needs some work in some areas” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn

BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Milwaukee
“Needs some work in some areas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Plus: Clean rooms, updated furnishings including bedding. New TV's. Good Location to restuarants/shopping and Ho Chunk Casino. Friendly Staff
Minus: Hard to regulate A/C-Heater unit. Pool/Whirlpool area needs good cleaning, small bathrooms. Noise levels can be bad from upstairs. Plumbing makes noise when someone is taking a shower close by. Room pricing is too high for value received.Computer in lobby is slow to use on Internet-can lock-up

I stayed during a State Snowboard competition and the hotel was overrun with kids and teenagers. They took over the pool and breakfast area. I wish I had known this and asked to be put in the far south area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wayneinwisc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here over Christmas. The rooms were clean and the tv selection good (full cable). The beds were comfortable. They have waffle makers at the included breakfast. The coffee in the rooms and the breakfast was not very good at all though and the heater was one of the cheap hotel kinds that either overheats or needs to be turned off. I wish I'd have brought a blanket.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank iwc2ufan99
arlington heights, illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Baraboo on December 6-7 and were very unimpressed. We stayed there because of the fairly decent rate we got. I do have to say that the employees at this hotel were very friendly and helpful and couldn't have been nicer. The lobby of this hotel was quite nice, but once we got up to the third floor, I couldn't believe how FILTHY the carpeting was in the hallway. Also, the elevator was pretty drab and could use some fresh paint. Our room, however, was clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. The furnishings were average, but the lamp on the nightstand and the alarm clock didn't work because there was no outlet near the table. We moved the alarm clock to the desk so we could at least use that. The bathroom was clean but very small and the tub was also very small.
They did have a free hot breakfast in the morning but only until 9:30 am. Just ok food.
This not one of the better Best Westerns we have stayed at. Based on our experience, even for the price, we wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank grandmaoftwo
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and I & my brother and his wife stayed at the Baraboo BW Sunday, October 9.
We all found this to be a lovely place to stay at most reasonable rates. We went to Circus World Museum before checking in and we arrived sort of weary...the check-in was very efficient. The clerk told us up-front that the restaurant was closed (don't know why) but directed us to Glacier Point Restaurant across the street. We had a very nice meal and didn't have to run all over town trying to find a nice family place. We had a great waitress named Lynda.
After dinner and a little rest, my husband and brother used the hot tub and pool while my sister-in-law and I visited by the pool. We had the whole place to ourselves....the pool area is not very large, but it was very clean and well stocked with towels.
We all slept well. We never heard any other person either above us or in the halls. The breakfast area was clean and had lots of goodies to get the day started...hot coffee, tea, yogurt, fruit, cereal (several kinds) muffins, several kinds of bread for toasting, pastries, etc.
As we checked out the front desk people wished us a good day and offered to direct us to anyplace we might want to go.......we opted to drive to the Dells, which we had never visited before. Looks like they are planning a pretty festive Halloween !!
All in all, we would recommend this hotel to anyone....

Room Tip: we had rooms 107/108. Quiet, clean, near the pool and the breakfast area. Very spacious !
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Patnmel
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Staying in Baraboo was a good alternative to staying in the Dells/Lake Delton area if one doesn't mind the travel.

The room was clean and bed comfortable. Although my room faced the street/parking lot, it was quiet...good soundproof walls. I did not utilize the indoor swimming pool. I was here for 3-4 days.

Baraboo has the Circus World, camping and parks. Upon travelling to Lake Delton/Dells, there are attractions, shopping (Tanger Mall, Kohls, Walgreens), and a variety of places to eat.

If you are travelling north on the expressway, I would suggest getting off on exit 92 versus 106 (Hwy. 33) as it will be faster and less confusing.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Hotel is pretty average, pool area is very small, only 1 table with 5 chairs, never enough towels by pool and not very good air circulation in pool area. Breakfast was fair. Rooms were clean, however they have a restaurant attached too it called Bonzo's don't go-2 1/2 hrs waiting for our food-burnt, wrong orders and rude waitress unless you were a guy sitting at the bar you would be fine...Once home realized that my son left his state champion shirt there and they had no interest in helping us look for it.
I would not go back to this hotel based on our experience there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank brillo86
Central Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

My experience here may be an anomaly based on the prior raving reviews. Arrived at 9:00pm the front desk lights were turned off, and a sign on the counter stated the staff had stepped away and would return as soon as possible. The sign was such, it seemed like it was used often. After waiting five minutes, the front desk clerk returned. Apologized, check me in, then said.....you ought to check out our bar/lounge . . . but hurry because they will probably close in the next fifteen minutes or so (Closing at 9:15???)

My family moved our luggage to our room. The overall impression of room was clean, fresh paint, well maintained. Then I noticed some large toenails.....yuk. It appears that they vacuum the carpet while ignoring the four to six inch parameters of carpet near the walls. Other than the aforementioned the room was clean.

Down to the bar for a nite cap before they closed. Upon entry...other patrons were sitting at bar . . . but no staff to be found. Later learned they were outside for a smoke break. Waited five minutes or so, then bartender came in. Very friendly. Had some nice beer selections.

Bedtime. The mattress was OK....nothing great. Air conditioning was a little warm.

Breakfast was OK....but the staff person was not keeping up with food demands, or cleanliness.

My stay here was a paradox. Overall the stay was OK and met needs. Yet the various bumps in the road... diminished my positive experience. Would I stay here again? Yes. I think my expectations were too high based on all of the positive reviews. My experience was not bad . . . it just fell short of expectations, with a little weirdness mixed in. First time I ever checked in to a hotel and found the front desk lights off and no staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
0.2 km away
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
5.6 km away
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
16.3 km away
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#15 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
13.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!