Hotels.com
Trip.com
Traveluro
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2019

This hotel used to be called Campus Inn and it was our favorite place to go for a nice over nighter. We were really disappointed to watch it go downhill. Namely, the pool was cold and the hot tub was out of order. The rooms weren't cleaned thoroughly.
We would still go to the Beaver Dam area for the weekend jaunts but chose other hotels to stay at. Every once in awhile my husband would call just to see what, if anything was going on with the hotel.
We decided to give it one more try after finding out that both the pool and hot tub were back in service.
Our room was clean, well stocked with towels and the bedding was luxurious! The only downside for me was the height of the bed. I'm about 5'3" and had to climb up on the bed.
As for the staff, we saw only one person. The gentleman that checked us in and out. He was very pleasant and helped make our stay very pleasant. We're so happy to have this hotel up and running again and look forward to staying there again and again.

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank Unhappy1024
Reviewed October 12, 2019

BEAVER DAM QUALITY INN
DO NOT STAY HERE! My husband and I wanted a one-night getaway so we booked a room at this hotel. Big mistake! Two of the amenities that drew us to want to stay here was an in-house lounge, and the hot tub. After checking in, we noticed that the king size bed we booked, was actually a queen size. It wasn't a big deal to us, so we didn't make a fuss. Later on in the evening we decided to go check out the lounge. Upon arriving, it was dark and closed. We decided after that, we would go use the swimming pool/hot tub. When we got into the pool area, no joke, the hot tub was barricaded off by yellow CAUTION tape, and the bottom of the pool looked filthy like algae. So the two main amenities we booked a room here for were out of operation. We ended up just spending the evening watching tv in our room, of which had a broken air/heating unit, and 4 large spiders on the ceiling to boot! As it was too late to want to pack up and leave, and spending the money already, my husband got rid of the spiders.

The next morning as we were checking out, the owner and his wife were at the front desk. He greeted me and asked me how my stay was. I replied "not so great". He questioned me as to what I meant. I am not a confrontational person, so I kindly told him that our room we booked was to have a king bed and it was a queen. His response, which made no sense to me, was that the queen bed was better because it was higher. I told him I didnt understand how that made any sense. He replied by repeating what he had just said. I carried on and told him the air/heating unit didn't work. He just shook his head. At this point I was getting worked up because of his complete disregard for my concerns. Why ask someone how their stay was when you clearly dont care?! He made me feel like my concerns were not valid, so I went on to tell him that the lounge was closed when we wanted to use it. He replied that it was shut down for a long time already and will NEVER reopen. It was listed on their website as an amenity, and I told him that was one of the reasons we booked with them. His reply was, "you booked a room here because of the lounge?" At this point I was so upset that this terrible business owner was being so defensive and rude. I told him that it would have been nice to know the hot tub was out of service, to which his reply was "it has been out of service for a long time." So.......needless to say, we wasted money staying here. On that note, he told me that I only paid $66 for the room, when I actually paid $88 thru a booking website. His cut of that was apparantly $66, so he was basically telling me that we received enough for what we paid for.
He never apologized or offered any compensation, just kept handing me abrupt excuses one after another. As I was walking away, I never even received a simple thank you. If he had, I may have not put the time and effort into writing this review.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2019

showed up after a 6 hour drive with reservation # in hand sent the night before, hotel closed for money problems, was told I would have to find another room with no help from them, Air show in town that week and room were far between and $$$$$$. called Choice Hotels to explain the problem, no help from them either, got a room and twice what I had budgeted and came home a day early because of costs

Room tip: noticed the parking lot wasnt well lit at night
Reviewed August 2, 2019

showed up with confirmation in hand printed that morning, showed up at hotel only to find it closed due to money problems, parking lot crowded with out people asked to leave, went inside to talk with desk clerk, only thing she said was were closed, you'll have to stay some where else, already had drove 6 hours for event with paid event tickets, found a found room last minute and premium price, seems other from Quality were there standing in line, if I didn't want it they did, no help from Choice Corperate when I called, not there problem

Room tip: other places to stay in town a little safer parking lot
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2019

The day we arrived they told us that the pool and hot tub were not going to be able to be used. they knew that a week before hand but did not even call us. Otherwise everything was good, the host/hostess were great and the area offered a few shops that we were interested in.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple