All reviews room was clean waffle maker would stay here again rodeway cereal refrigerator bath
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I'm not sure but when you see the building sign from the highway and it's nothing but a flapping hole in the wind you have to wonder what you're getting into. Check in was fine at 9pm, the room was clean enough, but crumbling plaster in the bathroom was left to be desired. No towels for the shower so we had to go to the front desk at 10pm to ask for towels to shower. Beds were fine, no bugs, clean as far as the eye could see, and not saggy. Everything seemed extremely dated and falling apart. There was clear evidence of the motel trying to stay relevant though...as you could see blue paint tape still attached to the walls in the morning.

In the morning though this is were it got weird; It must have been a change of shift because there were people there chit chatting eating the breakfast, or what was left of the breakfast. Come to find out it was the staff wandering around and giving us weird looks because we were drinking the juice and eating the bagels at the breakfast bar. It felt as though we were invading their foods stuff and drinking their coffee and juice. At check out the person there didn't even know where are check out info was, he had to ask if we had really checked in the night before. Weird, then he asked who checked us in. You would think that all of the paperwork would be in the computer system for an easy checkout. We just needed to get out of there fast as could be.

Date of stay: October 2017
3  Thank Marky M
Reviewed July 18, 2017

Most important: Clean and quiet. Bonus: extremely helpful manager.
He gave us a room even though the computer was temporarily down.
Asked how it was when I came to pay. When I mentioned that the AC was annoyingly loud. He said he would check it and when we came back from dinner it was fixed! TV, internet were fine. Refrigerator is the very small cube one.

Breakfast was as good or better as similar priced motels, i.e a cold breakfast: 2 types of cereal, yogurt, hardboiled eggs in covered container, apples, bagels, bread, toaster, small sweet rolls (who needs more calories) that tasted much better than the larger ones often at motels, waffle maker, butter, cream cheese, grape jelly, probably syrup (didn't make waffle so didn't notice). Coffee ok my husband said. Black tea bags.

Price on weekends is much higher than during the week, but true of other nearby hotels as well.

We would stay here again.

Room tip: no elevator for second floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2017

This was an overnight stop on vacation. We arrived in the evening. My wife checked in and said the manager on duty was amazingly helpful. When we cam back down after taking our stuff into the room he asked if everything in the room was ok. This is a basic hotel. If you're looking for a Hampton, Hilton, or Ritz, this isn't it. However, it's pretty well updated (appears to have new carpet throughout). More importantly, it is CLEAN. Our bathroom and room were extremely clean. I'm a light sleeper in hotels and I slept extremely well here. I would definitely stay here again for an overnight stay (didn't appear to be a lot to do in this area).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank saxsellers
Reviewed July 16, 2017

My check in was incredible as the manager was super considerate and kind. He asked about my travel and gave me suggestions which is appreciated. The room was superbly clean and in places where most hotels never, ever clean. The hotel was older on the outside but clean and charming on the inside. The refrigerator was clean and worked well. The television worked perfectly. Coffee was great and breakfast, simple at Rodeway Inn's everywhere, was just fine. If you are traveling and want a clean room, give this hotel a chance. The manager is doing all he can to ensure a quality stay. He even asked about the room when we went to grab dinner. That's service!

Room tip: Upstairs rooms are quiet. Make sure they know your smoking allergies.
Reviewed July 15, 2017

After reading all the reviews posted here I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of care offered by Mr. Patel, the courteous, excellent manager. The facility is well-maintained, clean and neat. Rooms are quiet, and windows may be fully opened to let in clean, crisp Wisconsin air. I slept better here than I have at Embassy Suites and Fairfield Marriot's, where I pay three times as much; after all, what more do you want in a motel than a good night's sleep?

Nevertheless, more is offered. Mr. Patel told us where to head, just up the road, to pick fresh strawberries for our morning waffles, which were superb. The cereal was fresh and tasty, not stale as one inaccurate reviewer here posted. There was plenty of cold milk, a pot of hot coffee, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit, more than we needed with the strawberries beside. All this in an airy, spacious dining room with comfortable chairs.

Directions were given to a lovely, level Lake Michigan beach just down the road, which was a pretty, quiet spot to watch twilight descend.

The bath had a Moen showerhead, which had plenty of water pressure and a good massager, which eased my tired shoulders after driving the Chicago loop.

We stayed five days, four nights, and were sorry to leave this hospitable inn.

Don't be afraid to save your money. Sleep here.

P.S. Impala Guy, If you had asked Mr. Patel, he would have moved heaven and earth to get your TV working, or he would have gladly moved you to another room.

Room tip: All rooms offer a good night's sleep.
Date of stay: June 2017