“Birthday brunch!”

North Star American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
North Star American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 181 Restaurants in Brookfield
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brookfield Rd.
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Visited here with a group of 11 for my fiances' birthday. We were able to make a reservation which was very very beneficial. We all walked in and were immediately greeted by a guy at the front desk, very friendly. Grabbed drinks at the bar before sitting down. Bartender was fast & friendly & prices were not bad at all. Nice bar for day drinking, bright and open. The brunch menu was well appointed, not an overwhelming amount of options yet a good mix of brunch items. I opted for the crab cakes benedict. The choice was composed of crab cakes topped with avocado, poached eggs & topped with hollandaise sauce. I was iffy ordering crab, was hoping it would be large lump crab with very little filler. It wasn't a disappointing crab cake, yet, it wasn't the one I expected. Overall it was a tasty dish though. We will be visiting again and if we do come for brunch then I will be trying something new!

Reviewed April 26, 2018

Went to North Star with some friends recently for lunch. We had a great waitress and everything was nicely timed. However, I was disappointed in my pecan crusted chicken salad. I asked to hold the onions. When the waitress put it down in front of me she said what it was and "no onions." Right away I could see the onions, so I picked them out as I got to them. The Montamore cheese was almost nonexistent, which I missed. I found two tiny pieces at the bottom. It seemed like it was just thrown together. Such a shame as it's usually a very good salad. One person in our party ordered the flourless chocolate cake and we all dipped our forks in. It was decadent!

Reviewed April 6, 2018

Yesterday we had lunch at North Star Bistro., After coffee and tea were served we had to ask for cream and sugar. Orders were taken and delivered. Three had soup and salad, one hamburger and one Apple, chicken potatoe salad. The bill came to the three who ordered soup and salad and were charged $1.00 mor than the stated price on the menu. When questioning the server he stated that the choice they made of the two that were offered ( tomato or French onion ) French onion cost more because of the cheese. It was noted on the other side of the menu. Now if you see soup and salad at $9.95 you don't expect to read fine print on the back of the menu to see that French onion soup is extra. After complaining to the mgr. she did change the bills. Coffee and tea $3.00. We won't be back.

1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place for a baby shower or anything else. Fabulous wait staff! Very attentive,helpful & friendly.
Great atmosphere & delicious food! Check out their Facebook page.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 24, 2018

This used to be a favorite but it has changed. The food was, in my husband's words, "slightly less than average fare." (We've rated it much better in the past.) The service, however, was excellent. We had an excellent waitress with a good sense of humor. Besides all the children going to the back room for a party, there were many children in the main dining room, including an infant for Friday night early dinner. This was something new for us. We usually try to avoid restaurants that attract children for dinner. Needless to say we were disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2018