“Good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were in town for a night and wanted to get Italian. Other option was Olive Garden down the street. Very familiar with their offerings, so gave Louise's a try. Was not disappointed at all. Very good. Wife had the seafood ravioli, and I had the Lasagna. We had the Crab and artichoke dip appetizer as well. Everything was spot on. Plenty of food. Was stuffed when we left. I like a little spice to my meals, and the lasagna seemed to be a little on the "bland" side, but not bad. Nothing a little salt and pepper didn't fix. Service was great. Was a small mix-up in our order, but was taken care of quickly and properly so as not to affect my review. Highly recommend Louise's.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Went in on a Sunday night to celebrate a birthday with the family. There were 6 of us and we were the only ones in the restaurant all night. Besides a few small black bugs flying around our table all night. You would think being be the only people / table in the restaurant that we would have excellent service. But that didn't happen. Took forever for the bread to come out. When people come in - get the bread on the table quickly. We also ordered some soups & salads. These took forever too. Again, we were the only ones they were cooking for. Once the food came up - which took way too long also, there was no urgency in getting the food to our table. It was a pretty disappointing night. This is a restaurant we frequent on occasion but it's starting to work its way out of the mix. There is a lot of new competition in brookfield. Gotta stay on your game. The tables are also sticky and need resurfacing. Which they have needed for years. I don't see how this place makes it. I don't know if we will be back. The service should have been better and quicker with us being the only table in the house.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We visited this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. Normally when a restaurant is not overly busy it concerns me because the odds are you will receive poor service. That wasn't the case this time. Our server was very good. She was attentive, friendly and informative about the menu. Our choices of Three Cheese Ravioli with Fresh Spinach, Braised Beef Ravioli and Jumbo Citrus Shrimp/Caesar Salad were all very tasty. The Bruschetta as an appetizer and the Oreo Gelato for dessert added to the delight of the meal. Atmosphere appreciated, as well. Overall, the experience should bring us back for another visit.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The problem with gift cards that specify where you must go is when the place is no good, what choice do you have? I mean, no one in his right mind would throw the card away. And, what kind of gift would it be if you knowingly gave the card to someone else? In any event, we used such a card last night at Louise's (Brookfield) and were quite disappointed. To start with the wine pour was stingy for a $9 glass of below average Chianti. But far worse was the food. The fettucini with chicken was tasteless; the spaghetti with Italian sausage only slightly better. (The red sauce reminded me of the canned Chef Boyardee I was given as a child. (I liked it then but since have developed much finer taste buds)). The bread was plentiful but that was it. The olive oil with balsamic vinegar was by far the best part of the meal. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't crave balsamic vinegar like I do. LOL. The waitress was fine.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We had dinner in the private room with our group while attending the US Open on business. The service was excellent and the food was very good including the appetizers. The food portions were large enough to share. Great experience overall.