“Good place to hang with locals”

Lake Ripley Family Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Friendly servers and good diner type food. Had the Farmer's omelet and it was more of a frittata style with the ingredients mixed in with the eggs. I was expecting the traditional style. The default cheese is American. Again, a little disappointed since I thought it'd be real cheese. I think they have cheddar, but you'll have to ask for it.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

We eat here several times a month for breakfast. Whether its' a large group of us or just two of us, it's the best home cooked breakfast around. It never takes long for any meals and it's all very inexpensive.

Reviewed June 10, 2017

We stopped on a whim and were surprised, wife had a juliane salad and was very happy with it. It was huge. I tried the grilled chicken sandwich, very good, but the french onion soup was a let down, 1/2cup of homemade soup with cheese flavored salad croutons heaped on top.

Reviewed February 18, 2017

We decided to try their fish fry, but opted to pick up our order rather than dine there. Our order was ready very quickly, was super hot and was accurate. The service was friendly and quick.

I had the grilled option, which was very delicious. It was seasoned nicely and was very flavorful. My husband had the fried option and he also thought it was tasty. Not greasy or over-fried. Our orders came with choice of potato and soup or salad. We both opted for fries and soup. I had chicken dumpling, which I would certainly order again. My husband had clam chowder and enjoyed it.

We would certainly have a fish fry from Lake Ripley Family Restaurant again. Good food and a nicely sized portion for the price.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Visited on a very busy Sunday morning but fortunately a table was available for us. Service was very good and quite pleasant as everyone who works there had smiles on their faces and interacted with their guests in a very fun and pleasant way. Food was hot, fresh and delicious with our waitress checking in on us often even though they were very busy. Will most certainly be back when we visit the area again. Highly recommend.