Free cancellation until 28/07
  • Pool
Book now, pay at stay
US$159
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2012

when I called to make reservation, I was told bar and restaurant was on site. We rented a cabin 2 blocks away. Not a real big deal but they were told that we were coming on motorcycles and it was a 3 hour trip. Was told that my parents were with and were 83 years old and my aunt and uncle who were in their late 60s. It just so happened to be like 95 degrees. I asked if their were adequate fans and they said their would be. No central air so this was a big deal for us.When we got to the house and went in their was only one box fan and one ceiling fan which shook so bad we had to turn on low. Called the managers of the property and they said their were 2 other fans. We left for a short period of time and came back. Plugged in the 2nd fan and didn't work at all, plugged the 3rd fan in and in jumped across the floor. Missing a fan blade! We called again and told them. So we left to go to the beach and came back to the ceiling fan globe shattered all over the floor and one fan was brought. So we had to call again to let them know about the ceiling fan issue. Manager came back again with an attitude. We asked if their was any way we could get another box fan so that we had a fan in each room for sleeping. It was hot in the house and my mother was not doing well from the heat. in the mean time my uncle came out of the bathroom and asked if we could get light bulbs for the bathroom as only one of the 3 worked and could hardly see in there. They managers response was" what do you think.... This is the Mariott ??? He was extremely rude and said he had to get back to the Village Inn because he had to cook that he didn't have time to deal with this.In the mean time my aunt walked out the door and the door handle fell off. HE did absoltely nothing nor did he say anything.We told him all we were asking for was another fan and a light bulb that considering the heat we didn't think this was asking too much. We asked for money off our stay and gave us the owners number and said we would have to contact him. When we returned home my husband called and very nicely explained what happened at our stay and he became very rude and said.... " WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU WERE AT A MARRIOTT?" HMMMM sounds like the two men talked. The place wasnt too bad but the service we were given was unacceptable. Did not offer to take any money off or no sorries were given. We paid $150.00 for the night. NOT WORTH IT. We travel alot of places and stay at alot of cabins and hotels and we have never been treated so terrible and have had some really beautiful accomodations for less money. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. You people need to take some classes on Customer Service because YOU NEED IT!!!. Never seen such bad manners for owners of Public service. Shame on you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank hawkins1961
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed with friends at the Village Inn for it's convenience to kayaking sites. Sad to say, the place has really gone downhill since our last visit and the owners just don't care.
The place was downright dirty, lightbulbs burned out, plumbing falling apart, water damage ceiling not repaired, broken furniture, clock that could not be set, tv in the room but no reception so what's the point?, had to ask for clean towels 4 times before we got them, and more... When we reported defects to owners they could not even say, Sorry for the inconvenience. They simply didn't care. On the upside, the restaurant downstairs was terrific. Very good and creative food, clearly the chef does care! I say close the hotel and concentrate on the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank pinehollowgirl
cheryl o, Owner at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

owners do care....we are sorry that our guest where unhappy, we however did respond to every complaint that they had...which where many. we did have a small plumbiing issue, which my husband spent 3 hours fixing so that they could have a hot shower in the morning..if we did not care why would we have given them a free nite.
we at the village inn care very deeply about our guests and want them to enjoy there stay with us and our wonderful little town of cornucopia.
we run a charming country inn, and have had over a 750 guests this summer season who many of which are repeat customers, and have had little complaints...sometimes peoples expections are somthing we can not live up to...but we will certinley die trying.
cheryl o'bryon
very carring owner

Reviewed August 22, 2009

Having just returned from Cabin 1 mentioned in the prior review,I must say our stay was terrific. The simple cottage was located directly across from the Marina and public beach. sunsets were extraordinary and the stars at night were close enough to touch. The cottage was perfect for myself and 2 sons age 13 and 7, we brought our bikes along and rode most everywhere including the Village Inn where I had the wonderful Lake Superior Whitefish caught that morning. We picked raspberries and blueberries where ever we went. We were enthralled with the views, the pines, the beach,the history and the friendliness of everyone we encountered. We had a wonderful visit with the historic printer, and also had a grand tour given to us by a generous 50 year resident. My kids were so delighted with the trip, they would like us to relocate. I can only wish! We do plan on returning next year to visit our new friends and will request cottage 1 again, it will be like coming home. To the prior reviewer I suggest your next up north adventure should be the Wisconsin Dells. I hear the TV reception is great and perhaps you will never have to leave your "log cabin".

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family