“Good food, good service.”

Eddie B's White Spruce Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Eagle River
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eddie B's White Spruce Inn is now under new ownership and invites you to come enjoy our friendly service and fine dining experience. Located in Eagle River's oldest log building, we provide a unique dining experience with scenic views of the water, outdoor seating, and boat parking available. We offer a large selection of entrees and a large wine selection to accompany any meal. Try our ribs, steak, walleye, or fish fry to mention a few.
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My family ate here in July 2011 on a weeknight. It was not very crowded so we were seated immediately. Nice view of the water although the restaurant itself was pretty dark inside. The salad bar was rather small, and the food was good but not great. Satisfying and not too overpriced. The waitress was friendly and very attentive which was something that seemed to be lacking in other places we ate in the area that week.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

The White Spruce Inn is one of the older restaurants in the Eagle River area, and has had its ups and downs. I read the reviews from 2010 so was a little apprehensive, but decided to try the place anyway because they used to be known for their good fish fries. I think they made some changes in the kitchen since last year because the night we ate there the food was great -- we had a group of eight and no one had any complaints. The atmosphere is interesting, as part of the restaurant building is a log cabin that dates back to the 1880s. We sat in the newer part of the restaurant and had a nice river view while dining. Service was fast and efficient. We'd definitely go back.

2  Thank Nan051
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I took my husband here on his first trip to ER with me. It had ribs and he loves them. The service was horrible and the ribs were mediocre at best. I realize that this is essentially a Mom and Pop establishment whose current owners are trading on a long history of business and they don't see the need to be like a city restaurant, but Leif's diner down the street has better food, far SUPERIOR service and the prices don't make you think you should be getting Chicago service and food. We waited two years and went back and the service remains horrible, you should not wait 20 minutes for the BUSBOY to give you water much less that long to get your order into the kitchen! There are several better quality places to eat in the area, so don't go to this one just because it is easy to find and you can take your boat to it, it really, isn't worth its hype or its price.

Reviewed 2 August 2010

I had dinner here on Thursday July 29, 2010. We ordered the cheese curds. As a Wisconsin resident I've sampled plenty of cheese curds all over the state. The White Spruce Inn is by far the BEST cheese curds I have ever had. I ordered their special that night which was the chicken parmesan. It was full of flavor. The pasta tasted great and so did the marinara sauce. The sauce had chunks of tomatoes in it. The portion was big enough to feed 3 people at once. It came with the soup and salad bar. The salad and toppings were all fresh. I'm going back again and would order the exact same thing.

Reviewed 25 March 2010

I have been to the White Spruce quite a few times and never been disappointed. The food is great as well as the service. They beyond a doubt have one of the best fish fry's in the area.

1  Thank johnm116