“Staff is outstanding, rooms are perfect, and all needs are met.”

Best Western Plus Derby Inn
Best Western Plus Derby Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Eagle River
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We always stay at the Derby Inn due to the above review. We start the year with a snowmobile trip or two, then numerous times during the summer for boating, and then finish it up with Deer Hunting. Always with the Derby Inn.

Room Tip: Call early especially during snowmobile season.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Derby Inn

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We sold our cabin up north and now stay instead at the Derby Inn when we go up there to visit. My husband and I both have back problems and the new pillow top mattresses are the greatest. My husband is an early riser and there is a nice breakfast in the morning and a large eating and sitting area for him to enjoy his coffee and read a book while waiting for me to awake. We love the pool area with the large hot tub and sauna. Perfect place to relax after a long day. The staff is so friendly we feel like family. Won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dianedw
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Overall the hotel was clean. My family and I were in Eagle River for a funeral. I called on Friday afternoon to see if I could get a rollaway in the room since our 9 y/o daughter would be coming with us. I was told that the hotel didn't have rollaway beds. I found that odd but life goes on. After getting checked into the hotel and settling in for the remainder of the morning, we had to turn the a/c unit off to manage to get some sleep as it was about the noisiest a/c that I have ever encountered. Breakfast the next morning was average, breakfast burrito was the only "hot" item served and it wasn't hot. You had to microwave it yourself. Breakfast just left me wanting a bit more. All in all, it was an ok stay. Nothing scary wrong and nothing "wow" either.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tbabbit
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Was only in town one night on business, and found the Best Western to be a solid choice. My room was clean, the hotel appeared well maintained, and given my mid-week, off-season stay, very quit.

Would stay here again if my travels took me this way.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisJones5
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Stayed there during a hockey tournament with our 7-year-old grandson. Nice room with comfortable beds. Great pool area for the kids. Breakfast was good. Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 22 March 2011

This is a great property. It has recently been renovated and is in great shape. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable. I stay here a number of times throughout the year and always enjoy each visit.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2011

For sure a hotel to add to my 'stay here again' list. Very friendly and helpful staff to greet us at check in and it only got better from there. Entire hotel and rooms were exceptionally clean, with great decorating and very comfortable beds (better than my own.) Great breakfast to send us off in the morning....couldn't ask for more. Nice time in Eagle River, can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Eagle River Inn & Resort
#10 of 12 in Eagle River
35.8 km away
Best Western Plus Concord Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Derby Inn? Share your experiences!