My husband and I stayed at the Ashbrooke for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in the Ashley room which had a deck and a mini bar with fridge and microwave. The room was very clean and the bathroom is huge and had Aveda products. We did use the gym one day (which is very basic but adequate for some cardio) and we used the hot tub one evening (which is open until 11 p.m.). They also have a lovely large public deck area where we sat outside and had lunch one afternoon. We loved having the fridge and microwave as we had packed a cooler for picnic lunches and had purchased alot of gourmet cheese on our way up from Eau Claire to Door County.
What sets this place apart in mind though was the service we received. The first day we checked in we had planned a quiet night at our hotel with a wine and cheese pairing. We had a few spreadable types of cheese and I wanted a nice loaf of french bread to accompany them. When I asked at the front desk I was referred to the Market Street Deli & Grocery which is just a few minutes down the road. Unfortunately it had closed early due to it being Labor Day. When I returned to the hotel and asked if there were any other options for obtaining a stick of french bread, Carol-Ann who was working the front desk began calling the local restaurants to see if any of them could sell me a loaf of bread! She called several before she had success and sent me down the road to a local restaurant where I purchased a nice loaf of bread for $3!!! This was obviously above and beyond what was expected and I would recommend this hotel to other couples. I also feel the location in Egg Harbor was very central for exploring door county (as it takes 1 hour to drive from Sturgeon Bay to the tip).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Ashbrooke, "Just for the Two of You". Our renowned attention to detail and unyielding commitment to excellence prove everyday that quality, comfort and courteous hospitality still count. Your escape to The Ashbrooke will renew your faith in customer service, and your stay will be an unforgettable experience. Your search for a great getaway stops here at The Ashbrooke, located on the beautiful Door County peninsula, the best Wisconsin has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Ashbrooke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- The Ashbrooke Egg Harbor, WI - Door County