All reviews ball pit bedroom suite full kitchen indoor playground the main drag gas fireplace door county jungle gym hot items picnic area continental breakfast yogurt whirlpool tub within walking distance two blocks grocery store board games
Reviewed March 2, 2015

I had better eperiences at the Newport Resort in the past. Unfortunately this past stay was below average. When placing our bags under the bed we found someones bikini top and a pair of filthy socks. When it was reported to the front desk, that person apologized and said that it would be re-cleaned. I was still not happy but my wife said to let them clean it. When I arrived back that afternoon, I noticed that they hadn't even vacuumed the floor. While checking out, the front desk asked how my stay was and I told her I wasn't very happy, and explained what happened. She apologized and seemed to not really care because she wasn't there when it happened. That was it. Nothing to remedy the situation or try and make the customer happy and want to return. The only other problem was that the breakfast area isn't open till 8am. Kinda late in my opinion.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jason K
Sandy D, General Manager at Newport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. After the Front Desk was informed of the issue, the housekeeping staff was sent to your suite to do a thorough cleaning. The housekeeping staff is hardworking and diligent. They strive to present each suite in A+ condition. Again, I apologize for the forgotten items.

Reviewed February 16, 2015

Very friendly staff. Nice indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. We were disappointed by the small fitness center onsite. Had one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical and a single weight machine that didn't work very well. Other than that, the continental breakfast was a nice add-on. Pancakes and sausage links were good. This mornings scrambled eggs and sausage were just fair. The beds were extremely comfortable. And we enjoyed the large showered. Stayed in a premium 2-bedroom and it was worth the extra space. Very nice layout. Wish the fireplace was such that we could have opened the glass to it, but you can't. It's like the in-room fireplace is only there for viewing. The rooms did stay warm though which was needed since it was negative 10 degrees out on night. Really like the hot chocolate free onsite.

Room tip: Ask for second floor to avoid any noise from kids or pool area.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoveTaveling
Reviewed February 8, 2015 via mobile

What a pleasant place to stay for a Door County trip! If a hotel feels so lovely and nice during the frigid February weather, how wonderful it must be during summer time? Hope we will have the chance to return! We booked a standard king room via Expedia for a very good price. Were very impressed that when they say all their rooms are suites, they actually mean it. In our 'standard' room, we had a very cozy yet spacious living room with dining area, couches, fire place and a very well equipped kitchen. Separate bedroom with pretty country style furnishings all around. Great terrace, where even in winter time we got to enjoy watching the stars with a glass of wine. Must be amazing to sit outside during the summer. Jason at the reception was so helpful and welcoming, provided several helpful tips and suggestions about the area. This is the kind of place where people want to return to, because everything is there for you to feel like home.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2015

Clean, friendly, good location, only complaint is being upgraded to a 2 bedroom for our anniversary. We showed up late due to my work schedule so it is partly my fault. Better communication could have prevented my only complaint.

1  Thank Averagewino
Reviewed January 25, 2015

Its off-season. Some nights there were other guest, some nights we were the only couple, other than the staff. The nice indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and the play area was not crowded. Some nights it was all ours. The grandkids came over and loved the big indoor play area of slides, stairs and the corral ball pit.
The rooms are large, full kitchen, dining and living room area. Bath room had shower and a Jacuzzi. Flat screen TV in the bedrooms and L.R. with remotes.
Continental breakfast was provided. A couple of mornings we were the only couple in the hotel. But that did not stop them from laying-out a spread for the complimentary continental breakfast. Pancakes and sausage, eggs, dry cereal, yogurt, muffins, pastries, danish, a verity of breads, white, whole wheat, raisin and cinnamon. Juice was available as well as milk. Coffee and hot chocolate was available 24hrs.
The resort sits on a hill overlooking the town of Egg Harbor and the harbor (which was frozen-over). The town grocery store is less than a half mile away.
Great resort, cordial staff.

Date of stay: January 2015