“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2017

A great place for fish.The service can be little slow on Fridays during the Fish Fry though. Once we ordered our drinks, we waited 15 minutes for them (A glass of wine and draft beer, so only needed to be poured not made)

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

We had an early dinner with our toddler and in laws and were surprised with the creative menu. My husband had the Walnut crusted walleye, the berry sauce was a perfect tangy zing. My fig crusted pork was outstanding. Service was friendly and very sweet to our daughter. In my opinion, comparing this restaurant to the Duck Inn is like comparing an apple to a orange. They are both great, but for completely different reasons. The Duck Inn old fashions are better though.

Reviewed February 9, 2017

We had heard great things about this place so finally tried it on a Friday night. I want so much to love it because it's a cute little place out in the country, but it was one of the worst meals I have ever had. I had the fish fry and I couldn't eat it. The fish was mushy and am not sure what type it was. My husband had a cheeseburger. He ordered it medium well and it came out bloody. When he asked to send it back, they put the entire plate back in the broiler, so then it came back out with everything charred to a crisp. We paid the bill and left without eating. I agree with other comments about it needing a revamp and service needs to improve greatly. So sorry to have to write this negative review!

1  Thank Sandy B
Management response:Responded February 15, 2017

You should have brought it up to your server, manager or owner. We don’t make people pay for meals they don’t like. And the burger and everything on the plate didn’t go back on a grill and it came out burned. The health department doesn’t allow that. You paid a lot of money to write a bad review.

Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

The wife and I stopped by for dinner, stuffed pork chop and pan fried Walleye filet. Soup and salad. Everything was home made and delicious. Our bartender Lori and the whole staff were very nice. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a exellent fish fry.

Reviewed August 31, 2015

Friday night, ordered fish fry at 8:00. Didn't get dinner until 9:30. 1-Had the broiled Walleye and was violently ill for the next 2- days. Portion was so small even the waitress was embarrassed to serve it and offered to adjust price. ($17.95) Shame on the cook! Service was slow. We finally received our order ( after waiting an hour and a half ) and were immediately told the kitchen was closing and we should order more fish now for those of us that ordered the all you can eat. Bartender was drinking, and some staff appeared to be intoxicated. Too many mistakes made by the cook, the waitress, and the bartender to list. We will definitely not return and It's really too bad because it is a cute place with great potential.

5  Thank Kathy S

Been to The Chalet? Share your experiences!